Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm almost 2 weeks into keto! Would love to join challenge and find more friends.

Welcome!!!
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Meals tracked for the day; met my macros and came in a little under calorie goal. Hoping to be back in ketosis again by tomorrow or Thurs. An unexpected death in our family derailed me a bit because I am really dependent on having a plan for my meals each day (until this way of eating is a more established habit).
  • mdrewes
    mdrewes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration. I'm in!
  • CarrieA140
    CarrieA140 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would like to join. I just completed my 3rd day on Keto.
  • RiveraMarylou
    RiveraMarylou Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If not too late to join, I'd like to be part of the challenge. I've been studying and trying the Keto diet. I have been trialing and practicing some wonderful meals/recipes. I'm new to this challenge so may need some guidance. I also have mastered Keto pancake and cloud bread as well as cauliflower rice. :smile:
  • use2order
    use2order Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I join today yet?

I have been tracking my macros for about 1 month now following a Keto diet with goal of under 15g net carbs and under 1200cals a day..and was using Carb Manager as my main food tracker but have only lost 4.3lbs over those 30days When looking at other people progress I see most losing 10lbs in the same period of time ..I only have 13lbs to lose so maybe that is why its been slower for me ? I use a food scale on everything and started IF about 2 weeks ago daily...eating between 3pm-10pm and fasting the rest. I do have major health issues, have had 2 unsuccessful kidney transplants, so I am a dialysis patient and get treatments 3x week. Does anyone know if the fact I don't have kidneys effects how the Keto diet works for me?

any thoughts would be so helpful!
    Thank you!
  • Sakzee
    Sakzee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join in now, have been very bad at following for more than a week , this will help me.
  • sahityagumpena
    sahityagumpena Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am about 10 days late but, I am in. I started my keto diet yesterday (17/Jul/2018). Let's see how it goes and if it helps with my weight loss.
  • amandajane92883
    amandajane92883 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing Keto for 1 month now.
  • mymariahmail
    mymariahmail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in Day 6 on keto. Down 3.6 pounds!
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Anyone else, completely plan their day in advance regarding meals, plugging everything into my fitness pal to make sure it’s all balanced in advanced? That’s what is working for me right now- helps me reduce likelihood of impulsive food decisions!

Also, if you are a coffee lover, share your low-carb, high fat coffee recipes please!

Pre logging my meals here makes sure I balance my diet out. I’m happy to say it’s worked after a few days I’m in ketosis, nice dark maroon on my test strips.

• catsarc
    catsarc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in if I can jump on the band wagon still. :) Doing Keto since 6/9.
  • ckrings1
    ckrings1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    eeeee
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Starting Keto weight 228lb
    current weight 210lbs on week 5
    been on a stall for the past couple weeks, but still losing inches while I am waiting out this "healing" stall that I read so much about. Not giving up though, the energy alone on this WOE has been my saving grace... #KetoOnMyFriends

If you're losing inches, you're not stalled. You're still making progress! Keep up the good work.

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    sitany wrote: »
    I'd like to join in. I've been doing keto for about a month. I have lost 20 pounds, but at the dreaded stall for the last week or so. I do some intermittent fasting with it. Would like to participate. Weight is currently 168, goal 120, height 5'0. I'm an otherwise healthy 60-year-old female.

A week without weight loss is not a stall. You're doing great! Press on; the process takes time. :)

From the Atkins website, below. The Atkins diet is a ketogenic diet. This advice is intended for people doing the Ongoing Weight Loss protocol, as described in the Atkins books, but except for the advice to "decrease daily intake of Net Carbs by 10 grams" it applies to someone following a 20 g/day (Induction) protocol. It echoes what Dr. Atkins advised in his books, too.
    The pace of weight loss is always erratic, but the definition of a plateau is when no weight loss occurs, despite doing everything right, over a period of at least four weeks. If a patient finds her clothes are fitting better and she’s lost inches, if not weight, she is not on a plateau. A plateau can try the patience of a saint, but patience is exactly what is required on a true plateau. To get things moving, in addition to the suggestions above, suggest some or all of these modifications:

Tighten up journaling discipline; write everything down.
    Count all carbs, including lemon juice, sweeteners and so on.
    Find and eliminate “hidden” carbs in sauces, beverages and processed foods that may contain sugar or starches.
    Decrease daily intake of Net Carbs by 10 grams. An individual may have exceeded his or her tolerance for carbs while losing and inadvertently stumbled upon the tolerance level for weight maintenance. Once weight loss resumes, move up in 5-gram increments again.
    Increase activity level; this works for some but not all people.
    Increase fluid intake to a minimum of eight 8-ounce glasses of water (or other noncaloric fluids) daily.
    Cut back on artificial sweeteners, low-carb products and fruit other than berries.
    Do a reality check on caloric intake. Women losing weight should consume a minimum of 1,500–1,800 a day, and men, 1,800–2,200.
    Cut back or abstain from alcohol for now.
    If none of these modifications makes the scale budge for a month, your patient is truly on a plateau. Frustrating as it is, the only way to outsmart it is to wait it out. Counsel continued compliance with the Atkins Diet and the other advice above. At a certain point, weight loss will resume.

https://atkins-hcp.com/atkins-resources/research/how-to-handle-a-plateau-1
  • mzjoonbug
    mzjoonbug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!! this is my 4th week. :):)
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone celebrating US national hot dog day today? I got ballpark prime bun length, 2g per beef frank. Thinking about melting some cheddar cheese on that keto-dog.