Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm curious... How has everyone calculated their macros? What app or website did you use?
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates macros
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm curious... How has everyone calculated their macros? What app or website did you use?

Using MFP- the nutrition screen has a tab with macros info.
  • ll4040
    ll4040 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am in day two of trying to eat keto. I don't think I'm in ketosis yet, but looking forward to it.
  • crgoakleaf
    crgoakleaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m just learning!! I need all the help I can get!!!
  • crgoakleaf
    crgoakleaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need some Keto friends please 🌟
  • Hulbert0089
    Options
    Still going strong and hoping others are as well. Been incorporating intermittent fasting 2x per week where I go 18 hours between meals (obviously overnight included)

Update
    Week 1, 8.2 lbs lost
    Week 2, 2.8 lbs lost
    Week 3, 6.4 lbs lost
    Week 4, 2.6 lbs lost
  • Lorrainesavvy
    Lorrainesavvy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance Day! I am down to 60.5 kg now, only 500 grams away from my final goal of 60 kg! Yipee! I did do I think 5 fasts that lasted 24 hours to get down from 65 to this weight, and IF of 18/6 most days.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance Day! I am down to 60.5 kg now, only 500 grams away from my final goal of 60 kg! Yipee! I did do I think 5 fasts that lasted 24 hours to get down from 65 to this weight, and IF of 18/6 most days.

Great job!!! I am so happy for you!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Still going strong and hoping others are as well. Been incorporating intermittent fasting 2x per week where I go 18 hours between meals (obviously overnight included)

Update
    Week 1, 8.2 lbs lost
    Week 2, 2.8 lbs lost
    Week 3, 6.4 lbs lost
    Week 4, 2.6 lbs lost

Amazing weight loss!! I may need to add some IF'ing!!!
  • procrox
    procrox Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Update
    Week 1, 1.6kg lost
    Week 2, 0.6kg lost
    Week 3, 0.4kg lost
    Week 4, 0.8kg gained :open_mouth:
    Week 5, 1.6kg lost

Beat my 2017 weight, actually beat the last five years too!, well on the way to my target :smile:
  • Hulbert0089
    Options
    Five weeks in and feeling better every day/week. First real social road block this weekend. A guys golf weekend that normally contains a lot of golf, a few beers and lots of bad food. I’m sure to go off Ketosis but will test my willpower to get back on track Sunday. I’ll let you know what happens weightwise if interested.

Update
    Week 1, 8.2 lbs lost
    Week 2, 2.8 lbs lost
    Week 3, 6.4 lbs lost
    Week 4, 2.6 lbs lost
    Week 5, 1.8 lbs lost
  • Hulbert0089
    Options
    3 day guys golf weekend over. Tried really hard to stay on plan but with beverage cart every 30 min and limited food options at clubhouse. (Can only eat wings so long.) I did want up with a few Bud Lights in cupholder and a few carbs to boot. Plus 2lbs for weekend. Will see how many days that sets me back. Got some rest and back on plan.
  • Clindy50
    Clindy50 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day on keto. Your weekly totals are awesome! Well done!

Passed on pizza yesterday and walked past birthday cake in the break room 3 times this afternoon. Determined to make a change. “Nothing changes if nothing changes.” Thanks for sharing - I needed it!
  • jenicapi
    jenicapi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all new here just started day two! I am in carb withdrawel!! Trying to drink as much water to help me! Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, I purchase zero calorie sports drinks to help if I get the Keto flu to replace lost electrolytes. Hope to be part of the LOOSING crowd soon!

• The_Fat_Is_Back
    The_Fat_Is_Back Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in. Starting tomorrow as i have already messed up today.
  • xrsize4dad
    xrsize4dad Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for best means to monitor/check ketosis? How accurate are the strips, or best to just get the blood monitor?
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    xrsize4dad wrote: »
    Any suggestions for best means to monitor/check ketosis? How accurate are the strips, or best to just get the blood monitor?

https://help.keto-mojo.com/article/A5ZiuZuoWr-urine-vs-blood

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Ketosis-Measuring-Ketones