124»

Replies

• Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    I drink diet coke while I am cooking dinner I find it stops me picking x
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

VUA21 wrote: »
    The only thing diet pops can affect negatively is teeth, but that's from acidity levels found in many soft drinks.

True. A lot of foods/drinks are acidic. Regular pop is acidic (ever heard of cleaning battery terminals with Coke? ) plus regular, full sugar pop has a lot more calories . I’d rather spend my calories on food I can chew.
    I don't think it effects weight loss. I do, however think that if you have that as an option, it stops you from drinking more water. That is me. I know if I allow it that I will drink more of that than water.

^as others said, pop is mostly water. You get water from many foods and drinks. You don’t have to drink just H2O to get water and be well hydrated, and drinking diet pop counts toward water consumption.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The acidity of selected fruit juices:
    https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/ph-levels-apple-orange-grape-cranberry-fruit-juices-12062.html

The acidity of various sodas:
    https://www.sheltondentistry.com/patient-information/ph-values-common-drinks/

They are the same.

Vitamin C is acidic but we still consume it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I don't think it effects weight loss. I do, however think that if you have that as an option, it stops you from drinking more water. That is me. I know if I allow it that I will drink more of that than water.
    Fortunately since diet soda is around 95% water, it shouldn’t be an issue...

Right around 99.4% water, IIRC.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I hate flavored sparkling water. Or plain sparkling water. Always have, much as I've tried to like it. Cherry Coke Zero, if you please.

'Sparkling water' sounds nice, but it tastes (feels? Not really a flavor thing) gross and harsh to me. La Croix is not much better. If I'm drinking something fizzy, it had better taste sweet!

Unsweetened sparkling water is disgusting. I get Sparkling Ice or the store I work at's brand, which both have *GASP* aspartame.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I'm a sparkling water swiller. I swill LaCroix by the case. I drink coffee and a LaCroix together every morning.
    I like the cold and the hot. drink-nl-smiley-face.gif?1302011346.  I used to drink coffee and cranberry juice side by side, that's still good.drinks-wine-smiley-face.gif?1302011347.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Fortunately since diet soda is around 95% water, it shouldn’t be an issue...

Actually more like 99.5% water by weight.

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/303271?manu=&fgcd=&ds=SR&q=Beverages, carbonated, low calorie, cola or pepper-type, with aspartame, contains caffeine
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    I have had coworkers tell me over and over that diet pop is ruining my diet. I am not convinced.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    DebTavares wrote: »
    I have had coworkers tell me over and over that diet pop is ruining my diet. I am not convinced.

Ask your coworkers how exactly they think a zero calorie beverage could ruin your diet.... or... just keep losing weight and drinking your diet soda and smile smugly every time they give you this inaccurate and unhelpful advice.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I tried my first ever diet soda last week (coke zero), I've always just had regular coke, and only if we go out to dinner or have take away which is maybe every few months or so.
    Surprisingly to me it tasted just like regular coke, but not as fizzy, which is a good thing for me. If i can save a couple hundred calories by swapping to diet, then i'll stick with the diet stuff from now on. I don't have to worry about the rumours/health concerns etc etc by having one once in a blue moon.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    DebTavares wrote: »

Just smile and say "If I wanted to look like you, I'd eat like you".