296 Days...Can it be done??

Options
Hello everyone I have lost weight using MFP in the past but over the last year I got lazy about tracking and have gained almost 20lbs back I am 5ft tall and weigh 170lbs would like to get down to 125lbs in 296 days that is when we leave for our 2 week Disney World Adventure and I would really like to like myself in the pictures with my kids. do you think that is enough time to lose 45lbs???

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know my kids don’t care about what I look like I just want to feel good about our vacation photos it will be our first family vacation staying at a hotel lol I’ve lost 45lbs total so far but started in 2013 then had a pregnancy in 2014 so I know it can be done just need it to happen a little bit faster I plan on starting to walk more and stick to logging even if I have to be a little bit selfish by telling my husband sorry can’t eat that or there I really want to be close to my goal weight next May
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You have given yourself enough time to make your goal achievable, or close to achievable. If it were me though I wouldn't concentrate so much on the number on the scale but my fitness. I'd want to make sure I had the energy and fitness to keep up with my children and get the most out of my time away with my family. The children would benefit more from that than a mom looking better in photos.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - that is 42 weeks away. you can do it!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone I have lost weight using MFP in the past but over the last year I got lazy about tracking and have gained almost 20lbs back I am 5ft tall and weigh 170lbs would like to get down to 125lbs in 296 days that is when we leave for our 2 week Disney World Adventure and I would really like to like myself in the pictures with my kids. do you think that is enough time to lose 45lbs???

I can understand your sentiments....... I hate to look at our son's wedding photo's - seeing how heavy I was in vivid color still hurts.

However, even knowing my son's wedding was coming I couldn't motivate myself to lose weight, hence those pics.

I finally decided to do it for myself, not an upcoming event, not for my kids, not for my husband.

And I knew I had to do it in a way that was a permanent change in my lifestyle..... no deadlines to make by.
    Cause before you know it, deadlines are ruling your life.

I don't know if it was fate, karma, whatever you want to call it...... but in the 15 months since I did make my lifestyle change I've become a Grandma and our other son got engaged (Nov wedding in Mexico).

And I've lost 113 lbs................ and yes......... I'm looking forward to the wedding photo's this time around.