Kpop diets

Options
2»

Replies

• pepi_jy_
    pepi_jy_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I once was into rock and metal, then Big Bang (the kpop boy band, not the actual big bang) happened...
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There's no merit. They are under a huge amount of pressure to be that weight for comebacks and they do whatever they can to get there. A lot of times it's being passed down from people who know nothing about nutrition and do it because it happened to work. The pre-debut/comeback diets are terrible and only exacerbate the issues that come from stress and so little sleep, and it's why so many of them pass out. Many of them are underweight. A lot of them are kids when they start and they don't even realize the impact it's having on their bodies.

Edit: Omg this is a necro'ed post whhyyyyy
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    anitree123 wrote: »
    I've been hearing a lot about the diets kpop idols go through in order to be skinny. For example, one artist would only eat a sweet potato, an apple, and a protein shake throughout the day. Does this provide all the nutrients one needs in a day? And is there any merit to these diets or are these idols being really unhealthy and starving themselves?

That idol's named IU, and she does it a few days before coming out with a new album. Thank god it's not her daily long-term diet. And no, it doesn't provide the nutrients one needs, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

How on earth did you find this year old thread to bump?

Aaaand bumped again! Only 3 months this time.
  • gia_incognito
    gia_incognito Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think I saw the video that OP discovered the diet from. So funny and sadly probably true. I have a Korean friend who said that Kpop stars are basically like indentured servants and are forced to starve to look the way they do.