Different meat for meals

Options
emmas0817
emmas0817 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone!
Ive been successfully doing meal prepping during the week for work (since that’s where I mostly gain my weight) but I’m burnt out on chicken! Grilled chicken, baked chicken, I’m done. I’ve started to do steak this week. What are some suggestions to substitute the meats and rice? I’ve used brown rice also a lot. Not really sure what else I can do.
Any info or recipes helps a bunch.
Thank y’all!
P.s - also always looking for motivational friends. Feel free to add me on here as well as the Apple Watch if you have one. :)

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There's lots of great websites with recipes on them. Do a search and mix it up a bit. You could also pick up some cookbooks. There really is no need to narrow your choices so much. Pork tenderloin with mustard onion apple sauce is divine. Roasted vegetable lasagna. Chili. Pasta with a homemade chunky sauce. Burritos (can be frozen and then reheated as needed). There is just so much you can do!
  • emmas0817
    Options
    Thank you. I’ll be looking into it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Meatballs made with beef or ground turkey
    Meatloaf
    Ham
    Turkey
    Sausage
    Ground beef stir fry
    Pasta salad
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend editing out your personal email and only give it out to people you trust through private messages.
  • ballerbryan
    ballerbryan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Youtube has been my best friend when it comes to recipes!

I can't have the same recipe for more than one week without wanting to tear my hair out.

There's plenty of body building or fitness guys and gals that provide some great recipes.

I say find 4 chicken recipes and cook one each week and keep them on an interval so you don't get tired of them
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pork, beef, lamb, fish... whatever you like that fits your calories and macros.

I have quinoa/potato/sweet potato/pasta more often than rice
  • emmas0817
    Options
    Youtube has been my best friend when it comes to recipes!

I can't have the same recipe for more than one week without wanting to tear my hair out.

There's plenty of body building or fitness guys and gals that provide some great recipes.

I say find 4 chicken recipes and cook one each week and keep them on an interval so you don't get tired of them

That sounds good. Thank you so much. I’ll look into that.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've begun to eat more fish, salmon, sword fish, tuna (not canned). I also eat a lot more sweet potato than I ever have in my life. Started experimenting with more whole grains (instead of rice) like buckwheat groats and bulgar. Today I have air fryer crispy tofu with a tortilla, sun dried tomato and eggplant pesto and tzatziki. I hope to not have any chicken at all this week, lol.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my meals each week are normally planned around 2-3 proteins - chicken, pork and either steak/shrimp/Salmon

Chicken tends to make up my lunches - and then the other proteins form my dinner options
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Tuna, Sardines, and Salmon are delicious and highly efficient sources of protein, meaning compared to cal count. Tuna is almost as efficient as taking whey powder.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating chicken, chicken, chicken?

Yesterday I had tuna with my lunch and my wife made shrimp for dinner. I'm having a leftover cheeseburger from Sunday evening today for lunch and I'm grilling chicken thighs for dinner...I will make enough to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. On Wednesday my wife is either making salmon or cod. On Thursday I'm grilling bone in pork chops for dinner with extra for my lunch Friday. I will be grilling steaks on Friday night.

There's no reason at all to limit yourself to chicken and rice and chicken and rice. Eat some other meats/poultry...eat potatoes and sweet potatoes or quinoa or pasta, etc.