Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Replies

• hannabarket
    hannabarket Posts: 2 Member
    I am in!! I am on day two and have been looking for an accountability partner to do it with :smile: I am currently doing all this research and watching a whole bunch of youtube videos about Keto. My question is: Do you all count the carbs in Keto approved veggies? Is that the carb to keep under 20g? Or are we talking carbs in any food that is not the approved veggie list?

TIA
    So excited already :smiley:
  • MeenaKnows
    MeenaKnows Posts: 10 Member
    I started my Keto journey in the middle of June this year and I am loving it! I am an intermittent fasting and LCHF practitioner. Wheat free and dairy free at the moment.
  • Kmuskopf
    Kmuskopf Posts: 8 Member
    Late to the game but I want in! I’m restarting my keto approach.
    Add me if you like.
    We can accomplish anything, and that happens much faster with more support.
  • ckputland
    ckputland Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting out! Wish me luck!
  • AEH317
    AEH317 Posts: 6 Member
    I would like to join as well please, thank you.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    I am in!! I am on day two and have been looking for an accountability partner to do it with :smile: I am currently doing all this research and watching a whole bunch of youtube videos about Keto. My question is: Do you all count the carbs in Keto approved veggies? Is that the carb to keep under 20g? Or are we talking carbs in any food that is not the approved veggie list?

TIA
    So excited already :smiley:

I personally track everything but subtract my fiber from my carbs. I shoot for 20 carbs a day, give or take about 5 carbs. I think there are differences in how people do this and key is finding what works best for you. :)
  • tctreat722
    tctreat722 Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join. I’ve been attempting to do keto for about 3 weeks now but kept falling offf track here and there. But I’m finally on track, I’m on day number 9 with no cheating and sticking 20 Net carbs or less.
  • Lorrainesavvy
    Lorrainesavvy Posts: 17 Member
    Awesome, I had total faith that you would, and thank you for letting me know, and thanks for the congrats it is just the motivation I needed to hear right now. Now I am going to go and make today dam awesome!

I imagine quite a bit of it is fat or you were carrying a massive amount of water. Just wanted to say well done!
    I've been on Keto for 27 days so far and I've lost 21 pounds! I know most of it is water weight - a pound a day is nothing else - but I'm feeling great! And yes, I love planning out my day and pre-balancing everything!

I'm finally starting to SEE the changes, mostly in my face and my rear, so I guess you're right! Thanks and congrats right back at you!

• Lorrainesavvy
    Lorrainesavvy Posts: 17 Member
    Big cuddle coming your way! Sorry my head was down yesterday and I did not notice.

Yea, I too was feeling it a bit this week, working so dam hard on eating almost 100% correct, one mistake on Saturday put 1 kg back on, worked hard to make up for it, today I am back to where I was before I mucked up in my counting, so dam glad it dropped today as I was starting to feel some annoyance the last couple of days that I was doing it so dam well and still not losing fat as fast as I felt I should.

But for me, hand on heart I have not done the gym 5 times over the last week that I promised, and I sit at a desk for 18 hours a day most days, so I need the workout or I just dont need many calories for my current lifestyle, and I refuse to drop my calories anymore! lol

So still on track and hoping that I get down a little bit more by Sunday or maintain my current weight of 62.9 kg for another week would also be fine, I just dont want any increases in weight! lol

But my main reason for doing the IF is health, and I know my body is getting a massive spring clean and that its doing wonders for me.
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    after 8 weeks on, I fell off yesterday with 1 c. of ice cream and 3 Fig Newtons and beat myself up a few hours. Thanks to some good Keto virtual buds here and on my FB group, I was able to rally my spirits. I've done great today and no real repercussions. I don't measure ketones every day so no worrying about that. I have been in a slump losing weight since 3rd week -- maybe 1/2 lb but I am determined this is a way of life for me. I may fall again sometime but I can get back up the next MEAL even. I am feeling determined for my health's sake.
    my best advice for new ketoers is to be prepared and prep ahead of time and enter your food in for the day. Somehow that helps me track better.

• dheape
    dheape Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! Just starting Keto and hoping to see some quicker results.
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    rugbymurf wrote: »
    Okay, I feel like a real "Newb" asking this but I hear everyone talking about "Bulletproof" coffee. What makes coffee bulletproof? Is it just adding some kind of healthy fat to it? and not adding sugar? Does the fat settle on top? I'm kind of thinking for at work where everyone has some kind of icky creamer in the fridge. Convenience. I usually just make sure that I'm using one that doesn't have any sugar in it. And I'm a little scared to blend hot coffee cos I usually just use a hand blender for stuff. Jeez. I'm a little high maintenance. Might need a real blender soon. I do have a nutribullet. But I have a feeling it isn't intended for hot things. I got on my bike today and my disc is playing ball so far. Got the MRI report. That was not very good. It reads worse than I feel. But that just reinforces my belief that the anti-inflammatory effects of the kept diet are what's keeping the disk injury from being super painful.
    Okay, I feel like a real "Newb" asking this but I hear everyone talking about "Bulletproof" coffee. What makes coffee bulletproof? Is it just adding some kind of healthy fat to it? and not adding sugar? Does the fat settle on top? I'm kind of thinking for at work where everyone has some kind of icky creamer in the fridge. Convenience. I usually just make sure that I'm using one that doesn't have any sugar in it. And I'm a little scared to blend hot coffee cos I usually just use a hand blender for stuff. Jeez. I'm a little high maintenance. Might need a real blender soon. I do have a nutribullet. But I have a feeling it isn't intended for hot things. I got on my bike today and my disc is playing ball so far. Got the MRI report. That was not very good. It reads worse than I feel. But that just reinforces my belief that the anti-inflammatory effects of the kept diet are what's keeping the disk injury from being super painful.

You can use the n.bullet, just dont blend the hot coffee too long. Check this out.
    https://thebachbook.com/make-bulletproof-coffee/
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member

I use a ninja blender and blend it for maybe 15-20 seconds. Once I add butter, whip cream etc. those ingredients bring the temperature down to more of a warm temperature vs hot so I don’t worry about using blender. I do feel that the blender pressurizes just a little bit because of the added heat so I do choose to open it over the sink; occasionally there’s a little splatter as I open it. I then usually microwave my coffee for another 20 seconds or so just to bring it back up to the temperature I like.
  • TeraMB
    TeraMB Posts: 25 Member
    A newby to the Keto scene but I’m in and started today! Feel free to add me and share ideas!
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Today was off track for me. Had a potluck at work that I didn’t plan for well. I ate more carbs than I should have...it’s really hard for me to resist sweets when I’m out of routine. But overall I stayed under my calorie goal for the day, am pushing water and am getting right back on track tomorrow.

Had a girlfriend call at 8pm needing to talk, we met at a pub. Sometimes it's ok to get a lil off track. I was over on calories, but it was so worth it to be a shoulder for my bestie. 🍺😌
  • sassybutclassy1
    sassybutclassy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I'm in, this is my 2nd round with keto. I just started again 4 days ago, definitely looking for great results again.