Worst places to work when watching calorie intake

Options
Ssssss666666
Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
I work in a cafe/deli you can imagine how difficult it can be to resist all the lovely foods available day in day out. How would you cope

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I work from home and my office is a very short walk to the kitchen. I made too many of those walks to the kitchen which led me to MFP.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Call Center...yesterday the boss brought in Chik-fil-a chicken minis, today assorted snacks, tomorrow is National Ice Cream Day....all my regain has been since I started this job. I have learned to resist

sxk7nd4hcckq.jpg
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I work for a power utility company. When we go into storm restoration, I sit at my desk for 17 hours a day, every day until the last power is turned back on. Last year, I was in full storm restoration for 52 days. We are provided food (no cafeteria on premise ) - all take out. It's awful for adhering to a balanced diet.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Papa John's all the pizza you can eat. You not work there now but, did when I was in college.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    You would think people would be health conscious if they work at a hospital right? No!

These coworkers of mine always have fatty food around, pizza, fries, cakes, chips and guac, always some kind of potluck. Night shift is the worst.

I have to just bring my own food and snacks and try to stay away. But, the smell of pizza and fries is there.....
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    You would think people would be health conscious if they work at a hospital right? No!

These coworkers of mine always have fatty food around, pizza, fries, cakes, chips and guac, always some kind of potluck. Night shift is the worst.

I have to just bring my own food and snacks and try to stay away. But, the smell of pizza and fries is there.....

Sadly, the medical field is filled with unhealthy people.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Same in a doctor's office. Cake, cookies, pie, candy, take out.. all week long. It's so hard some days to resist but I do well, mostly. :#
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Elementary schools...all the kids have birthdays...and all the kids bring in cupcakes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    At home all day. Kitchen full of food.
    Helps to plan my eating for the day and eat at regular times so I am not grabbing something randomly.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    Oh, and a lot of them smoke!! :(
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Exactly. Our breakroom is a minefield of candy/cookies/cakes/donuts brought in by nice parents of both current patients and nicu graduates celebrating milestones, plus when it’s really busy (like it has been for months on end) there’s also pizza or whatever else that our manager orders to be delivered for us as a thank you for everyone picking up extra hours, and it seems people try to organize potlucks at least once a week, which always end with massive quantities of leftover chips, etc. sitting around.
  • nooshi713
    edited July 2018
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Exactly. Our breakroom is a minefield of candy/cookies/cakes/donuts brought in by nice parents of both current patients and nicu graduates celebrating milestones, plus when it’s really busy (like it has been for months on end) there’s also pizza or whatever else that our manager orders to be delivered for us as a thank you for everyone picking up extra hours, and it seems people try to organize potlucks at least once a week, which always end with massive quantities of leftover chips, etc. sitting around.

It is so hard. Why do they do this? Why???
  • nooshi713
    Options
    anywhere in NYC

u walk downstairs, BAM all the foods.

NYC does have great food. I will admit this.
  • nooshi713
    edited July 2018
    Options

theres a mcds, burger king, 3 starbucks, 7/11, and about 4 bars, 3 buffets, pret a manager, checkers, subways and 4 halal carts right downstairs my building that is all within 1/2 a block radius. lol

The halal carts maybe, but none of that other stuff is tempting. But the GOOD pizza/italian places and thai places. YES!
  • nooshi713
    Options

theres a mcds, burger king, 3 starbucks, 7/11, and about 4 bars, 3 buffets, pret a manager, checkers, subways and 4 halal carts right downstairs my building that is all within 1/2 a block radius. lol

The halal carts maybe, but none of that other stuff is tempting. But the GOOD pizza/italian places and thai places. YES!

oh, and 3 pizzerias. thanks for reminding me

thai is 3 blocks away

little italy is 6 blocks away

You know what though? The 4 times I have been to NYC, I hardly saw any fat people. My best friend lived in Queens and would walk everywhere. And they don't have tolerance for slow pokes mozying along. I'm trying to stroll, and these old Jewish guys are like "come on, move it!".
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I work at a little bakery & coffee shop. I have unfettered access to treats and sugary *kitten* lattes all day. I gained 50lbs in two years. jeezus h christ,