meal prep

Options
hey, how many days should you meal prep for?? I read 4 is the most you should but I'm not using any dairy products or meat products ... can I go longer or no? x

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I personally have a 72 hour rule for everything.
  • toughmuther
    toughmuther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you have something to prep longer than a few days, you could throw some in the freezer and a few in the fridge..swap from freezer to fridge overnight as needed if works with the food you have.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I meal prep 5-7 days at a time, depending on my schedule for the week. I basically cook every meal and snack for the week on Sundays. The only prep I do during the week is my pre-game smoothie. Those I make a couple of days at a time. I've been doing this for probably a couple of years at this point and haven't poisoned myself yet!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I prep on Sunday for the whole weeks worth of lunches. If you are concerned, maybe freeze some of the containers for use later in the week.
  • lyzxyzzy
    lyzxyzzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Doing 3 days of lunches to start out with. I'm having a ton of trouble with fruits and veggies. They seem to go bad just as soon as I put them in the fridge.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I meal prep on Sunday for Monday-Thursday. I am so basic though - it's really just chopping veggies, dividing fruit and nuts into servings, boiling eggs, and putting together some type of meat to go with my salads or roasted veggies. I only prep breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I cook dinner every night.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Is prep a week or 2 at a time (depends on the size of the recipe and agreeable weather for cooking with minimal AC). I keep a couple days in the fridge and everything else in the freezer.
  • toughmuther
    toughmuther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For fruits and veggies keeping fresher longer...when I get home from the store I fill up my sink with water, chop my veggies/fruits and dump most in the sink to rinse, throw apples and peppers in (all fruit veggies are washed and ready to eat)..cut up fruit or veggies (broccoli, cauliflower etc..) get put in containers with paper towel..it works wonders, stuff stays fresher way longer. Lettuce I put in freezer baggies with papertowel in between layers, celery stays crispy forever wrapped in tinfoil. I keep berries in containers with the papertowels. Then I pack what I want to take to work the night before from the individual containers.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    https://stilltasty.com is a good resource.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thankyou everyone, totally forgot I can put stuff in the freezer 😂❤️❤️❤️