Guys married in their mid 40s.

Options

Replies

• dtelsah
    dtelsah Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Recently divorced mid-40's and doing my best to minimize the dadness. Almost there, but the loss rate has certainly slowed down.
    Ht - 6'5"
    Sw - 339
    Cw - 255
    Gw - 250
  • RedneckDentist
    RedneckDentist Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    youre almost there, theres no time for thinking slow. you got this
  • bpg0972
    bpg0972 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    dtelsah wrote: »
    Recently divorced mid-40's and doing my best to minimize the dadness. Almost there, but the loss rate has certainly slowed down.
    Ht - 6'5"
    Sw - 339
    Cw - 255
    Gw - 250

Don’t stop now.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Is this heat too much to exercise or am I just finding an excuse?

The rain is my excuse.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Weather here is terrible and it really isn’t allowing any bit of exercise outside. Focusing on staying within my calorie allowance.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Is this heat too much to exercise or am I just finding an excuse?

Sorry my friend, but it is an excuse.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Options
    So I am either an idiot, or just goal oriented. Probably both. The Fight Promotion, I had my debut MMA fight with last month wants me to participate in a four man one night boxing tournament on the undercard of the next fight show. Problem - my boxing is the weakest part of my game. I won my MMA fight on my superior grappling and won by submission. My wife is none too happy. But it looks like straight into another fight camp which also means no cheat meals for awhile. Back to broccoli, chicken, and sweet potatoes for almost every meal. 😑
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    49 two sons I know not mid 40’s in fact almost 50.

Starting weight 254 and 5 11 and 3/4 round up to 6’

Goal was 175, now 170 and still losing, think my goal was too high! Been at this for four years. Got to 203 and then back up to 216 and recommitted in January now going for IDk less than 170.

Did keto first three years and gained some back so switched to low carbs but counting and weighing every ounce of food plus a good amount of cardio and mild weight training!

Feeling the best I can remember ever!
  • cdnconnor
    cdnconnor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bpg0972 wrote: »
    cdnconnor wrote: »
    Good to see this thread. Similar story here. Father of three, professional (aka behind a computer most of the day), little spare time but need to "get back at it". Started with MFP a few years go, logged pretty regularly and saw a difference. Plateaued, stopped logging and gained some weight back. Realized that I have to track to make myself more accountable. Hoping joining the community (especially with those who are like me) will help this time.

SW: 310
    CW: 260
    GW: 220

Glad to see you back. I’m trying to come to the thread every day and post something, whether it’s helpful or complete BS it’s all the same to me because it’s keeping me in routine and accountable.

Good strategy. I also think just looking at the news feed helps.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon All,

Just turned 48, married 24 years next week, 2 adult children. We are the fat family, we always talk about doing something about it so I am and I'll see who I can drag along with me.

6’ Tall (well almost)
    SW: 266
    CW: 239.4
    GW: 195

Cheers!

Wishing you all the best. You can do it!!

A little while since I passed the mid 40s but after 30 years of marriage, both my wife and I stick around the 170lbs mark.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Love the reply’s/comments. No worries to those of you older gents 😂, I was really just looking for guys married and struggling with their weight to connect with. Losing weight wasn’t really a problem for me in my twenties or thirties, it wasn’t until I got married and had kids that things slowed down considerably. Anyways love the traffic here so let’s keep it up, even if it’s complete BS.

Later!
  • Canadian_Expat
    Canadian_Expat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

A little late to the party but I really like this thread. I'm 39, 5'6" and SW 185. Been on MFP maybe a month and have lost a couple lbs but need to be more dedicated. Just got back to exercising this week after a rib injury.

My first goal is 165, then we'll see where it goes from there. Also suffer from the desk job thing, and have a 3 year old that by the time he gets to bed I really have to push myself to exercise. But when I do it, I feel pretty great!

Feel free to add me!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Options
    Another almost 100 degree day here. Got in my 5k, trained some boxing and will be hitting the cage for some MMA sparring tonight. Went over on cals last night, so I figure putting in work in this heat is deserved.
  • cdnconnor
    cdnconnor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

A little late to the party but I really like this thread. I'm 39, 5'6" and SW 185. Been on MFP maybe a month and have lost a couple lbs but need to be more dedicated. Just got back to exercising this week after a rib injury.

My first goal is 165, then we'll see where it goes from there. Also suffer from the desk job thing, and have a 3 year old that by the time he gets to bed I really have to push myself to exercise. But when I do it, I feel pretty great!

Feel free to add me!

Keep at it - I find it's all about building habits.

As for the desk job, we just got a communal standing treadmill desk at the office, so on my next 2+ hr concall I'm going to try it out.
  • bpg0972
    Options
    Impromptu dinner last night and I gained a pound. However the dinner was a fundraiser so, it is what it is. Home all day today because of a leaky roof and the rain has stopped so I may get some exercise in today.

Later.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm married with 5 kids, 42 YO. Have struggled in the past with stress/anxiety related eating. My motivation is to be the best dad/husband I can be and hopefully enjoy my time when my professional career is over.

SW: 210
    CW: 200
    GW: 170

Go ahead and add me if you want.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Picked up donuts for the office this morning....staying focused there not making it in to my office or belly. One donut hole is 75 calories and I can spend my calories better elsewhere and get some protein.

Two smart cakes for me. Each is twice as big as a donut hole, lower sugar higher fiber, some protein and the same calories for two.

Have a great day guys and stick to your plan by planning ahead.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread and interesting to see the perspectives and challenges of others.

I'm 45, married and have a 10 year old daughter.

I've never really even not trained either lifting or cardio but as I've gotten older it's gotten harder to find the time. Currently I train very early mornings while everyone else is still asleep. I've also found as I head deeper into my 40s I'm more and more prone to soft tissue injuries (currently nursing a gammy knee) so I need to train smarter not just harder.

Diet wise I force myself to eat pretty well but I am a bit too fond of the odd beer or three (or wine or spirts LOL).

I'm currently looking to get a bit leaner so aiming to loose about 5kg (10lbs) or so.

Stay strong chaps it just takes time and dedication and we'll all get there.
  • Canadian_Expat
    Canadian_Expat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Feel free to add me!

As for the desk job, we just got a communal standing treadmill desk at the office, so on my next 2+ hr concall I'm going to try it out.

One of those treadmill desks would be great... I go for three 10-15 minute walks usually during the day, helps to break up the day and works towards my fitbit goal. Been raining a lot this week though so haven't been out as often. But I've gone 3 days in a row doing some sort of exercise in the evening so I'm pretty happy with myself this week.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm way past my 40's, but this thread really resonates with me.

I'm 5'7" and my weight was 235 in early 2011. It took me roughly 9 months to lose 50lbs. I've since lost a bit more and am 178 currently. The thought above about forming habits was the biggest key for me when I finally lost my extra weight. When it became a habit (healthy eating, exercising, etc) the process got so much easier.

This fall, I'm going to resume my focus on getting leaner after the racing season is over. Thinking I may be able to get close to my high school weight of 167 lbs if I keep my head in the game.

Look forward to keeping up with the group.