I miss my pasta. Keto substitute?

Options
ASAIAHSMOMMY
ASAIAHSMOMMY Posts: 14 Member
Anyone know of a substitute for pasta? That actually has the texture and a plain taste. Wanting to make chicken alfredo tomorrow. And spaghetti in a couple days.

Replies

• fluffyland234
    fluffyland234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zoodles are amazing!x
  • ASAIAHSMOMMY
    ASAIAHSMOMMY Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Where can I get them? And what do they taste like?
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Where can I get them? And what do they taste like?

take a zucchini (courgette), and cut it into noodles using a knife or spiraliser

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's zucchini, cut into strips or noodles using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler. They taste like zucchini. If the texture of pasta is what you are looking for, they won't work. They have the texture of zucchini. Only starchy kinds of pasta have true pasta texture. You could have a single bite of pasta and still be within your carbs for the day, or take a break day to have the real thing.
  • nikkichenmfp
    nikkichenmfp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shirataki noodle / spaghetti?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,677 Member
    Options
    What's the carb count of asian bean vermicelli?
  • hanna4277
    hanna4277 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Algae noodles. Very neutral taste and the consistency is closer to real pasta than zucchini or carrott noodles. Plus they have a ridiculously low amount of calories.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've heard of a mushroom based noodle. Never tried it though.

I tend to use spaghetti squash. I don't make a big plate of it like I might have in the past. Just something to put the meat sauce and cheese on top of.
  • lauramae_18
    lauramae_18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Birds eye veggie pasta 😋 this is the only pasta I eat except for on occasion. And it is delicious! It taste like pasta but it is made from lentil flour and zucchini. You can get it with or without sauce at Walmart freezer section
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use slender brand konjac fettuccine. Personally I love them and eat them twice a week.