What's your golden rule that you try not to break?

Options
I heard once that if you wouldn't eat an apple then you're probably not hungry and it's become sort of a go to thing when I'm thinking of snacking - and I've bought apples :D

What's yours?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's actually a good one, and I use it myself. I sometimes eat anyway though :D

I also have these:
    I eat regularly, and only at meals, except on special occasion, which should be infrequent enough to continue to be special.
    I eat anything I like, but not everything at once, and not all the time.
    Food should taste good, but not too good.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, my absolute constant is to log everything that I eat and drink. No exceptions. Estimate the best I can for restaurant/social situations, no excuses.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    To not make golden rules but just enjoy life. Feel like having a bag of crisps? (Black pepper haggis crisps FTW!)? Not working out? Having a drink?
    Interesting to see what works for different people. Because this is verbatim what my reptilian brain says to make me eat when I don't need to eat, or eat more than I need, or things I don't need.
    For me, it's all about moderation.
    For me, moderation is sticking to certain boundaries, set by my neocortex.

Yep, understand that. If I notice I overdo things then I need to pay more attention. But a caipirinha on that warm day (not many of those here) or a bag of crisps once a month or so should be ok. As long as I'm not depressive I manage to keep my weight.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Try and be within my calorie goal and as happy as possible doing it each day while accepting that one or both won't always happen.

This spawns many other rules but those can change depending on need.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

Some people feel constricted by rules, but they make life more manageable for me. I like routine, structure, boxes I can check off.

Same. Drink the water, meet the active goals, log the food - makes things so simple for me.