Healthy snacks

Options
I need sum ideas on healthy snacks... Low carbs and low on sugars. Any suggestions

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Typical snack foods are high in fat and carbs, including sugar, so what you're looking for is most likely foods you would eat for a meal.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    A bag of carrot sticks or some rice cakes
    Are my usual go to snacks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Jerky, apple slices dipped in peanut butter, cheese stick...those are typical for me.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Mine is and will always be a hard boiled egg! Keeps hunger pangs at bay.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Slice of turkey and a slice of cheese wrapped around a spicy pickle spear is a current favorite
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My snacks vary. I tend to get hooked on one particular thing and eat that every day until I get tired of it. These are the ones I've done recently that I can think of:

fruit (watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, bananas) - not low on sugar though
    rice cake with mustard, turkey, salami, cheese (so just like you would make a sandwich but on a rice cake)
    cucumber and cherry tomatoes with some cottage cheese (cucs and tomatoes from my garden so this is a seasonal snack for me )
    tuna or chicken salad w/ crackers (or you could dip celery or something instead)
    A lot of times I'll just eat munchies (cheddar flavored chex mix basically)
    salami and crackers
    jerky is good but too expensive for me
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, yogurts, pretzels, a cup of green tea, carrots and hummus, a piece of fruit
  • Cenaanne
    Cenaanne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies! Very filling and hummus comes in a variety of flavors