ORANGE THEORY🍊💪🏼

Options
Here’s my story. 📓

I’ve been on this diet and training for 5 months now and I’ve lost 30lbs. I’ve been consistent and have stayed motivated. After the 5 months I felt that i was just going through routine after routine after routine, and realized that I just got bored with what I was doing at the gym. So, I was looking up other lifts and exercises to do I came across ORANGE THEORY. I watched videos and testimonials and realized I wanted to try it out, to put myself in check and to see where I stand.

On July 22nd, I called first thing in the morning around 7:15am. I scheduled a class to try it out (first time is FREE) my class started at 8:15am. I arrived at the gym thinking it was another “cult” gym but soon after arriving the coaches and staff were really helpful and inspiring. The staff gave me a tour around the gym, they also explained the different classes they have there as well. A lot of options for people with different goals. It was good to see a variety of people in the same class with me from members who have never lifted or been inside a gym to people who have some experience, it’s really a judgement free zone.

When my class started everyone was motivating each other and cheering others on for the hour we had class. The fitness coach was very helpful to guide you through things but at the same time bring out the best in you and your workout. The amazing part was they give you an arm band that you can track on the screen with others in your class to see your progress during your workout. Ex: heart rate and calories to help keep you on your toes and to push through each workout and station.

At the end of the class my grey shirt turned black, my head was still dripping of sweat, it was the push I really needed to help continue my journey to a healthier life. I 120% recommend Orange Theory gym. Whether you’re someone who just started in the gym or if you’re someone who has been going but is loosing the motivation to go anymore. This is the place to go. You will meet new people and New friends, people who will become partners and who will become motivators. You will feel like a new person walking out the doors, this will keep you going on your fitness journey. So I encourage everyone and anyone to continue striving for the best out of yourself, and striving to be in the best shape of your life. Just Keep. Moving. Forward.

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Agree! I love Orange Theory! I have been going for 5 years (I live near the original gym, Ellen's Ultimate, where it was founded.) Can't say enough great things about it. I got much faster at running and I feel like my ability to withstand "discomfort" both in the gym and in life has grown because I've learned to push and go all out! :-)
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Agree! I love Orange Theory! I have been going for 5 years (I live near the original gym, Ellen's Ultimate, where it was founded.) Can't say enough great things about it. I got much faster at running and I feel like my ability to withstand "discomfort" both in the gym and in life has grown because I've learned to push and go all out! :-)
    Yeah. It’s a great gym.
  • cguevarra
    Options
    Looks like the nearest one to me is a 10 hour drive across 3 countries, with an international toll bridge and a ferry crossing. I guess I'll skip it :D

Thats unfortunate 😂
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I’ve been putting off my free trial because I have read some not so good review and also being almost 60 (in decent but not great shape), I’d be left in the dust. The new OT that opened in my neighborhood is also my fear because it’s kind of a younger demographic.
    Any negative experiences from any one?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have friends who do OT and seem to have been at it for a while. I'm not great with set times and routines and group workouts, but I guess never say never. It's on my radar.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Thanks for posting! I’ve been putting off my free trial because I have read some not so good review and also being almost 60 (in decent but not great shape), I’d be left in the dust. The new OT that opened in my neighborhood is also my fear because it’s kind of a younger demographic.

Lots of people 60+ at my Orangetheory. It's customizable--you choose whether to walk, jog or run on the tread and you choose which weights to lift. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it's definitely not just for the young and physically fit!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I started last year when one opened in my area. Things I LOVE: calorie burn, I KNOW I'm working as hard as I can, the rowing, feel amazing the next day, sleep like a baby, overall life improvement!

Things I don't love: the schedule (so even if I could get into a class before work, I can't shower (bc 26 people and only 2 showers at mine)), I get bored easily. I can't workout that hard after like 7pm or I can't sleep at all.
  • cguevarra
    Options

The one I went to in Chesapeake, Va was awesome. The crowd ranged from 23-60. And everyone still was very motivational to each other and brought it the best in them
  • cguevarra
    Options
    I have friends who do OT and seem to have been at it for a while. I'm not great with set times and routines and group workouts, but I guess never say never. It's on my radar.

If you do let me know what you think of it. That’s how I was at first then when I actually tried it I was surprised. It was great.
  • cguevarra
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »
    I started last year when one opened in my area. Things I LOVE: calorie burn, I KNOW I'm working as hard as I can, the rowing, feel amazing the next day, sleep like a baby, overall life improvement!

Things I don't love: the schedule (so even if I could get into a class before work, I can't shower (bc 26 people and only 2 showers at mine)), I get bored easily. I can't workout that hard after like 7pm or I can't sleep at all.

That was my biggest thing was getting bored but that was my reasoning prior to going to OT. I got bored at the gym then I tried out OT and it made me realize there is a lot of work I still need to do in the gym. Because I thought I was in shape before going...😂 it really tested me.
  • kathleenneriducharme
    kathleenneriducharme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love OTF. I started going in April, and I appreciate the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. All ages and fitness levels at my studio, too.
  • amyepdx
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Is this an ad?

I kind of was wondering too
  • cguevarra
    Options
    Is this an ad?

^^^
  • amyepdx
    Options
    cguevarra wrote: »
    Is this an ad?

^^^

Alright! I’m going to schedule my trial session for next week!
  • cguevarra
    Options
    cguevarra wrote: »
    Is this an ad?

^^^

Alright! I’m going to schedule my trial session for next week!

Make sure you tell us how you liked it. I’m going again for my second free trial Saturday morning
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I had my free trial class on May 1st, and started my membership on May 1st. I started with an 8 classes/mo membership but for June I upgraded to the unlimited. I am trying to go 4x/week but average 3x right now. I LOVE IT! I truly is for everyone.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I was super keen the first month or so. Bumped my membership up to the top level. Then I got an injury and it took forever to heal. hurt my elbows - i blame the rowing. And when I went back I found the workouts were sorta lame. 30 minutes doing squats or working the same arm muscle. Bleh. I plan to cancel soon.

i need more careful monitoring during floor work as I am a bit of a dunce and do things wrong. the one trainer i had initially was super helpful but he left sadly. the others since have been a bit meh (good in some ways but not super helpful on the floor as they are busy with the treadmill routine)