Do you workout when you go abroad on a holiday ?

Options
124»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    karahm78 wrote: »
    12oz curls, and maybe a little hiking :-)

I am doing Pint curls(in the UK at the moment), a lot of them. But I do walk everywhere, so hopefully that helps a little and I don't gain too much over my vacation.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    karahm78 wrote: »
    12oz curls, and maybe a little hiking :-)

I am doing Pint curls(in the UK at the moment), a lot of them. But I do walk everywhere, so hopefully that helps a little and I don't gain too much over my vacation.

Make sure you alternate those curls, B) we don't want uneven biceps.

Cheers, h.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I dont typically head to a gym but ill find outdoorsy stuff to do like hiking or do a lot of walking around. I lost a belt size in Japan just walking everywhere and catching the train and eating when i could during the hot summer.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Personally I usually like to workout on holiday. If it's an hotel I'll lift in the gym plus running and swimming. If it's a villa then usually just swimming and running.

I love going for a run when I'm somewhere new. All those little routes lighting up my Strava map :D

There's absolutely nothing wrong taking a complete break and relaxing I just enjoy exploring new places.

As for lifting there's nothing like a good early morning bicep/tricep pump so you can walk around the breakfast buffet like a T-Rex with your swole guns :D
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Most of my international travels are backpacking or at the very least major-walking trips. Usually no access to a gym. On the occasions I do have access, yes, I use them as much as possible. If there's no opportunity for a gym and I'm not hiking, I always go for a run. Exercise on travels is pretty exciting stuff and I spend a considerable amount of time in trip planning figuring out where I'll run or what I'll do.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Since I got back into running, I run a few times a week when I'm on vacation—usually at a pretty easy pace, as a way of seeing some of the sights. I also walk a lot. I keep telling myself I should do some bodyweight exercises, but I'm not very diligent about them when I'm away from home.

I do a lot of cycling at home, and sometimes on vacation. This summer my wife and I rented bikes for a couple weeks of our vacation. We've done a few 6-10 day bike tours, too (credit-card touring, i.e., staying in inns, not tents). Even if we don't have bikes, we like to get outdoors and move, so we'll walk or hike almost every day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most of my vacations involve a lot of walking to see the sites and a lot of other activities like surfing or we rent bikes to get around places like Pacific Beach and whatnot. I might do a few rounds of pushups in the morning, but with as active as we are on vacations I see little need to go get in a deliberate workout.

We've had trips here and there that were more or less sitting around soaking up the sun by the pool...these are usually 2-3 day trips to just get away...I have been known to use the exercise facilities at the hotel on these little getaways because I'm not really doing much else activity/movement wise. But a normal vacation to a destination typically involves a crap ton of activity and movement.
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No. When I am abroad, I usually walk 25k+ steps every day and that is enough of a workout for me!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I always make sure the hotel I book has a gym. I won't go full pelt with the workout but enough to get a good burn.