scared this wont help

Options
womon1
womon1 Posts: 1 Member
I am very new, have been eating low carb low calorie for a couple of months. doesn't seem to be doing much. I am handicapped, so don't move much. Have major issues with my legs. Don't want to air all my med issues here, just looking for a little feed back on how this works.

Replies

• buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you're asking how well MFP works, If you work the program it will work. If you don't, it won't. Read the success stories.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    womon1 wrote: »
    I am very new, have been eating low carb low calorie for a couple of months. doesn't seem to be doing much. I am handicapped, so don't move much. Have major issues with my legs. Don't want to air all my med issues here, just looking for a little feed back on how this works.

low carb wont cause weight loss unless you are in a calorie deficit. you will lose water weight and glycogen but thats about it. all you need is a deficit. you dont need exercise to lose weight.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Get a scale to measure your calories, that will help you the most. Low carb doesn't mean a thing. Keep your calories consumed under the amount you burn. A scale will help you measure caloric intake with better accuracy.

Log everything you consume. Again, it isn't what you eat, it is how much you eat.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @womon1 I am very big and have trouble with my legs as well , I am doing low carb too , at first I could not exercise at all , now I do walk and I do a lot of sit down stuff , like 5 pounds weights , and the big rubber bands , stretch my arms with and legs . But doing low carb you should lose weigh doing no exercise (at first) I only eat 20 carbs a day ..... I have lost close to 50 pounds in 6 months . got my diabetes controlled . and all my labs came back this time , all in normal ranges .

Good Luck add me as a friend if you want too!!! you can do this !

low carb wont result in weight loss unless in a calorie deficit. you can eat low carb and over eat on protein or fat or both. weight is lost in a deficit and while you dont need to do exercise. for those that can. exercise will change how your body looks and its for health. But some are limited in what they can do.

How do you know we are not in calorie deficit ??? how do you know that we do don't stay UNDER our calorie limit ??? you keep saying it , like we don't get it .... btw i am always under mine . I worry about my carbs , I worry about eating veggies and meat and eggs and if I do that I am successful, because I am losing . and my diabetes is in control and my labs are great . so don't confuse folks !
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    o O
    ~
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

low carb wont result in weight loss unless in a calorie deficit. you can eat low carb and over eat on protein or fat or both. weight is lost in a deficit and while you dont need to do exercise. for those that can. exercise will change how your body looks and its for health. But some are limited in what they can do. [/quote]

[/quote}how do you know if I am not in a calorie deficit , judge much ?? I didn't say eat what ever you want , did I ?? . You don't know if she is or isn't eating in a deficit . so why keep saying that ?? and just because you believe in CICO doesn't mean everyone does . BTW i stay under my calorie level everyday . but i worry more about my carbs . [/quote]

Because 99% of the time, that is the problem. People just think they can go low carb and they should just magically lose weight. I know some that eat so much fat, which has more calories than carbs or protein, they don't lose weight because they are eating more calories than they realize.

She said she hasn't been losing weight - that makes it pretty clear that she isn't counting calories. She didn't mention anything about watching calories, so that also indicates that she is just trying to go by low carb and not eating at a calorie deficit.

Look, most of us have been here long enough that we can parse out what people are saying when they are new. I would bet we aren't far off the mark.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    womon1 wrote: »

I am also disabled, and you can lose weight without a ton of exercise. I've kept off 50 lbs for the last 8 years and I don't exercise. You just need to be aware of the amount of food you are eating and know what calories you need to eat to lose at a reasonable rate. Plug your stats into MFP and follow what it says for a month and see how it works.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    no problem for me
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @tammyfranks2 I have no one confused if a person has been trying to lose weight months down the road and isnt its because they are not in a deficit.