Chocolate addiction

I can’t stop eating sugary but mostly chocolate foods... I try to eat on the healthier side with chocolate covered almonds peanuts cashews? Even dark chocolate... I’m not seeing the body I want... I should not be eating this much sugar everyday anyhow... how do I find the will power to stop or can I substitute the chocolate for something else that will satisfy my cravings?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Do you buy it?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If your today diary is accurate, you got a chocolate treat and are within your calorie budget.

What's the problem again?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    There’s nothing wrong with eating chocolate as long as it fits into your calorie budget. It doesn’t matter whether that chocolate has nuts or not. If you want chocolate, then save some calories for a piece of chocolate each day. Buy individually wrapped small chocolates if it helps with portion control.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Make chocolate gravy for breakfast and put it over hot biscuits! Or hot coco! Or chocolate cookies for breakfast with milk! Makes my day better... ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I can’t stop eating sugary but mostly chocolate foods... I try to eat on the healthier side with chocolate covered almonds peanuts cashews? Even dark chocolate... I’m not seeing the body I want... I should not be eating this much sugar everyday anyhow... how do I find the will power to stop or can I substitute the chocolate for something else that will satisfy my cravings?

There is no substitute for chocolate. You can find low calorie chocolate foods like sugar free fudgesicles or sugar free pudding.

I like individually wrapped Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. I wait until late in the day, and only when it fits my calories.

The body you want (weight loss) is a about calories....not sugar. Strength training can help shape your weight loss results.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2018
    As long as chocolate isn't causing you to go over your calorie goal or crowd out your other macros, there is nothing wrong with having it fit into your day. If you are looking for lower calorie options, maybe try chocolate pudding, fudgsicle, chocolate protein shakes, 100% chocolate etc.

When you say you aren't seeing the body you want.. what do you mean? What are your stats? Are you trying to lose?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    My sugar (especially chocolate) cravings tend to be stronger when I've been low in magnesium. If I take my multivitamin & magnesium supplements every day, that helps. Plus getting enough sleep makes it easier to stick to my calorie goals.

~Lyssa
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Cocoa is chocolate with most of the fat removed, and no sugar. Make yourself a hot cocoa with Stevia vanilla drops. No sugar, low calorie.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

Eating chocolate does not keep you from losing weight, unless it is causing you to eat too many calories. Neither will sugar. And for health purposes, there's still nothing wrong with some chocolate or sugar, as long as it isn't crowding out other stuff you need. Do you know how many calories of chocolate treats you are eating?

Why don't you try logging your food accurately and consistently for a few weeks and see where your calories really stand and whether it's really chocolate that's the problem?

And what kind of change are you hoping to see in your body? Are you trying to lose weight? Is your profile picture current?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,842 Member
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Make chocolate gravy for breakfast and put it over hot biscuits! Or hot coco! Or chocolate cookies for breakfast with milk! Makes my day better... ;)

Oh! My grandma used to make us chocolate gravy over biscuits. Every time I mention it to people, they think I'm crazy. It's one of my favorites though.
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    And I’m all honesty. Here’s a secret. Fat Free Reddi Whip.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,842 Member
    Anyone that needs help with their chocolate addiction, I am willing to help. Send me all your chocolate.

Thanks. :)
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Anyone that needs help with their chocolate addiction, I am willing to help. Send me all your chocolate.

Thanks. :)

😂😂😂
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You are not addicted to chocolate, you are eating it compulsively because you fear it and try to eat things you're not particularly fond of instead, and rely on willpower to stop behavior that is based on basic human instincts.

Cravings are per definition wants, and wants are by their very nature not possible to be satisfy. Your needs can be satisfied, though. And there's no reason why you can't eat what you like.