Not Eating Enough Calories

Options
mariluzay
mariluzay Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hello! So I’ve been logging my meals for about a week now so that I can lose 30 pounds in order to be at my healthy weight for my height, and with the way my schedule is it turns out that I eat less than 1,000 calories a day (either lunch during my break at work or dinner when I get home) which is a big no-no since my body might go into starvation mode and hold onto calories instead of burning them and make it almost impossible to lose weight. I was wondering if there was any ways that you get the proper amount of calories in and if there are any snacks and meals that you love. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Replies

• Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Try pork egg omelet, oats, avacado. They are clean and high in calories

Clean? As in not dirty?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mariluzay wrote: »
    Hello! So I’ve been logging my meals for about a week now so that I can lose 30 pounds in order to be at my healthy weight for my height, and with the way my schedule is it turns out that I eat less than 1,000 calories a day (either lunch during my break at work or dinner when I get home) which is a big no-no since my body might go into starvation mode and hold onto calories instead of burning them and make it almost impossible to lose weight. I was wondering if there was any ways that you get the proper amount of calories in and if there are any snacks and meals that you love. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Others already covered starvation mode...

Are you only eating one meal a day? You said either lunch at work or dinner when you get home. Why not both? Why not breakfast? Why not snacks?

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you are eating more than you think you are. Weigh your food, you'll be surprised.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    so just eat low calories, working out burns calories, eating less just means u dont have to work out hard in the gym, as u already took care of that with ur diet.

No.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'd go so far as "hell no"
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    so just eat low calories, working out burns calories, eating less just means u dont have to work out hard in the gym, as u already took care of that with ur diet.

Did you read the OP's post at all?