Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

calories vs carbs for weight loss

2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Thank you for discussing this topic. So I seem to have TWO problems on my hands: 1) I am extremely morbidly obese (started on 170 kg, 375 pounds) and 2) a high starch / bread / sugar / cake diet makes me feel miserable, very tired, lethargic and makes me eat much, much more than I actually need. As a child I regularly fell asleep in school after having eaten a starchy breakfast.... For the last 4 months my starch comes just about only from vegetables, salads and a little bit of fruit and I stick to the daily calories suggested by MFP. So far I have lost 17 kg (37 pounds) - I eat 1800 calories or slightly less a day, try to walk as much as possible and I do not feel tired or miserable any longer. Every body reacts differently, methinks the trick is to find one's own happy, healthy lifestyle.

I don't think anyone should eat things that make them feel poorly. It's just common sense that anyone who finds they react in a negative way to certain foods or macro distribution would avoid that in their diet.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    If I want to retire comfortably, should I pay attention to my savings, or the number of times the letter B shows up in headlines on Sunday?