OMAD

Options
Is anyone also doing intermittent fasting ??
I’m on a OMAD cycle of about 22.5 hours
How’s your results going

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I did intermittent fasting for a year, apparantly, just because I waited a bit to eat breakfast and ate dinner early.

Please, for your own sanity, separate process and method, and specify things. If your goal is weightloss, you have to eat less than you burn. When and what you eat can make it easier to eat less than you burn, but no diet or meal schedule makes you lose weight without you eating less than you burn.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of Intermittent Fasting and Intuitive Eating. I set a goal for myself of 16hr fasts, but if I am legit hungry prior to the expiration of that 16hour window, then I eat. It's about listening to my body. I'd say that happens at least 1 day a week. I probably do a 24hr fast, or close to it, twice per week, because those days I'm just not very hungry. The rest of the week, I eat two meals in a 5-6 window. It works for me. It helps me to create a calorie deficit as well without having to think about it too much. I've been back on Keto since 5/31 and only fasting for the couple of weeks (I did it last year as well on and off for about 6 months). In the last 7.5 weeks I've lost 20lbs. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the very popular OMAD group here on this site:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution
  • mariekenji26
    mariekenji26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do 18:6 fasting but I still track my calories and make sure I'm at a deficit each day. It really helps me to not snack at night knowing I'm fasting and I've learned to ditch the creamer in my coffee and enjoy it black.
  • reposadojo
    reposadojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing omad.. Pretty much close to 24 hour. I pretty much just eat once a day at around 7pm ish.. Except for water wich I drink constantly all day and in a morning I drink a pint of water with one lemon squeezed into the water or sometime a lemon and a lime.. I only do this Mon to Fri.. Weekend I eat and treats myself wen I feel like it.. And I have lost loads of weight.. . Feel free to add me.. I post my meals as pics. And have a open diary