confused..need some advice.

Options
Okay, so I always do my workouts at night because during the day I don't have time. I'm doing 30DS (starting Level 2 tonight) right now, and as of a week ago, I gained two lbs. I assumed it was from muscle gain, not sure. But as of now I'm supposed to eat 1740 calories a day excluding exercise, but I usually eat between 1350 and 1550ish calories. I'm starting to think maybe I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough, and I never dip into my exercise calories. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

So, what I'm wondering is, if I always work out at night after I've already eaten for the day, if I were to eat a little of my exercise calories during the day, does it count if I'll be burning the calories later that night instead of halfway through the day or in the morning?

Also, should I be eating more?

Replies

• aldavis55
    Options
    So, there might be a few things that you may want to look at. Are you sure you are getting enough protein and what type of workouts are you doing? Are you just doing cardio or are you incorporating weights? It doesn't matter when you burn your calories, but studies do show if you do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach you will burn fat faster. Also, when was the last time you changed up your workout routine? You could be in what's called a plateau. If this is the case you need to start changing your routine so muscle confusion takes place and results will start happening again.

I also have a great product that will help you reach your weight loss goals while maintaining muscle because the more lean muscle you have the more calories you will be burning. If you aren't eating frequently enough your body will act like it is in starvation and will have the reverse effects, like holding onto excess fat. Let me know if you would like some more information on the products that have helped me lose all of my weight from after having two kids and I am now back to my ideal weight with low body fat and muscle tone.

I hope this helps!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So, there might be a few things that you may want to look at. Are you sure you are getting enough protein and what type of workouts are you doing? Are you just doing cardio or are you incorporating weights? It doesn't matter when you burn your calories, but studies do show if you do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach you will burn fat faster. Also, when was the last time you changed up your workout routine? You could be in what's called a plateau. If this is the case you need to start changing your routine so muscle confusion takes place and results will start happening again.

I also have a great product that will help you reach your weight loss goals while maintaining muscle because the more lean muscle you have the more calories you will be burning. If you aren't eating frequently enough your body will act like it is in starvation and will have the reverse effects, like holding onto excess fat. Let me know if you would like some more information on the products that have helped me lose all of my weight from after having two kids and I am now back to my ideal weight with low body fat and muscle tone.

I hope this helps!

I'm doing cardio and weights. Each level of 30DS is different, I just finished level 1 and started the 2nd one. I've only been at this workout ten days. I also do yoga. I get plenty of protein, but I think maybe I should eat more often. What's the product called? Anything that can help I want to look into. lol Only I don't know how I could be at a plateau because I've only been working out for almost two months and only lost about 11 lbs. Everyone says they notice a difference (my boyfriend and his mother and grandmother, as well as my mom). I hope it's muscle gain. I also hear that people retain water after they first start gaining muscles, to repair them.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    You are right you're not eating enough you need to be netting 500 calories so that means eat some exercise calories so you continue to burn fat.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are right you're not eating enough you need to be netting 500 calories so that means eat some exercise calories so you continue to burn fat.

Thanks :) The thought of eating more to lose weight is really scary lol but I'm going to try.