I'm sick of myself.

Options
I've been having issues with my weight since I was put on new medication 3 years ago. I've gained 50lbs since then and it's so much harder to lose now than it was ten years ago. I've used this app in the past and I know it works. I just want my body back.

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't really understand that mentality regardless of weight, to be honest. But good luck to you!
  • MELinTexas2018
    MELinTexas2018 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    oh honey i'm sorry. and i'm right there with you. my meds (among other things like diet) - have put 80 extra pounds on me. it's so difficult when there are certain things you have to do (meds) that mess with your metabolism and your core being. let's do this together!!! :):)

PS i know what you mean about being sick of yourself. i was 125 lbs (give or take a pound) and so stable. had kept it off for a long time and was so happy with the way i looked and my energy level, the way i felt everything. after a lost pregnancy, hysterectomy and some mandatory meds that put on my weight, i am hardly able to recognize myself and i just want my old body back. i totally know what you're talking about. :'(:'(:'(
  • goal100determined
    goal100determined Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    so disappointed that i am not losing weight despite all that effort and in fact gaining weight. i am really sick of myself not being able to have control over this weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    so disappointed that i am not losing weight despite all that effort and in fact gaining weight. i am really sick of myself not being able to have control over this weight.
    To lose weight, you just have to eat less (fewer calories) than you burn (and your burn calories just by being alive). So what are you doing? And you may have to do it for weeks before you see the loss turn up on the scale. So how long have you been doing it? You can't directly control your weight, your weight is controlled by your food intake over time, so what you're sick of, is actually trying to control something you can't control. But if you change "control your weight" into "control your eating habits", which you can do, you will succeed.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Log your food. Everything. Every day. It helps you feel like you are taking control of your life back. I know it sounds simple. And I know if feels hard. But seriously, it’s the first step. Even if you don’t have a scale and can’t log accurately. Those are adjustments you can make along the way. Start now. It’s liberating
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Don’t attack yourself, especially don’t attack yourself because of your weight.

I found successful weight loss to be rooted in self respect. Not an easy thing for me to find at first. But I found myself thinking in terms of respecting my own decisions about how I wanted to live.

If you’ve decided you want to change, stand up and fight for yourself. Self loathing won’t help.

If your issues are med related, give yourself a break but get to work just the same. Weight loss is an exercise in problem solving, over and over and over again. It’s not about your character or your personhood. Just a set of problems to address, your medication is one of them. Good luck.