Costa Calories ? Costa employees ?

Options
RedPowder
RedPowder Posts: 44 Member
Anyone got any idea how many calories are in a Medium Iced Americano with Skimmed Milk? I’ve tried looking on here and their site and can’t seem to find a good answer. On MFP it shows all different calories for the same drink and on their nutrition guide it only shows without milk.

( No Milk ) Iced Americano - Medio 50 KJ and 12Kcal is all I can find.

I know it might seem silly that so little calories would make a difference but to it does because I need that reassurance that I’m doing it right.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    an americano is a black coffee isn't it? it would depend how much milk you/they add....
    the iced drinks must have something else added (sugar?) as normal coffee wouldn't have that many cals
  • RedPowder
    Options
    an americano is a black coffee isn't it? it would depend how much milk you/they add....
    the iced drinks must have something else added (sugar?) as normal coffee wouldn't have that many cals

They asked if I wanted some syrup and I told them no and milk wise it didn’t have much it was more black coffee than anything else.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    RedPowder wrote: »

They asked if I wanted some syrup and I told them no and milk wise it didn’t have much it was more black coffee than anything else.

So estimate the amount of milk and add the milk to your log.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Anyone got any idea how many calories are in a Medium Iced Americano with Skimmed Milk? I’ve tried looking on here and their site and can’t seem to find a good answer. On MFP it shows all different calories for the same drink and on their nutrition guide it only shows without milk.

I know it might seem silly that so little calories would make a difference but to it does because I need that reassurance that I’m doing it right.

Have you double checked your figure? I’ve just looked and a medium is 57 cals (black, no milk). You sure you didn’t read down the “100g serving” column accidentally?
  • RedPowder
    Options

Have you double checked your figure? I’ve just looked and a medium is 57 cals (black, no milk). You sure you didn’t read down the “100g serving” column accidentally?

Hey @GrumpyHeadmistress I just got that figure off here but I’ll post a picture of the results I got. What I ended up doing is going with a large one I found and doubling it just to be sure and now I’ll know not to get anything from there unless it says the calories exactly for that product.

6buxnkxd3b5v.png

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This site has nutrition and calorie information for all their drinks. You have to scroll down quite a bit on the PDF to get to the coffee but per 100 grams it has 8 or 9. Coffee has the same density as water so I imagine if you want to be very precise you could weigh a cup of water in the amount of your drink after removing the ice.

They do state they have nutrition/calorie information posted on all items, but who knows what goes on with individual locations.

https://www.costa.co.uk/nutrition/

eta: It looks like the "Medium Black Coffee (Americano) would be correct. I can't imagine the calories for the iced version could differ by more than 1 or 2. BTW, Americano Coffee is made black, without sweetener or milk.
  • RedPowder
    edited July 2018
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    This site has nutrition and calorie information for all their drinks. You have to scroll down quite a bit on the PDF to get to the coffee but per 100 grams it has 8 or 9. Coffee has the same density as water so I imagine if you want to be very precise you could weigh a cup of water in the amount of your drink after removing the ice.

They do state they have nutrition/calorie information posted on all items, but who knows what goes on with individual locations.

https://www.costa.co.uk/nutrition/

eta: It looks like the "Medium Black Coffee (Americano) would be correct. I can't imagine the calories for the iced version could differ by more than 1 or 2. BTW, Americano Coffee is made black, without sweetener or milk.

Yeah seen that this morning I’ve got 57Kcal for the medium but I also had put skimmed milk in it so it’s fine I’ve just added the large twice and mark it up so it definitely covers the bit of skimmed milk.

It should be well covered with my exercise so I’m not to worried now. :)
    gp3fv8jgj91y.jpeg

Thanks for your help.
  • RedPowder
    Options
    9gpur5jqdyny.jpeg