When to log workout kcals

Options
Hello guys, quick question. When do you log your exercise, before or after you do it? Reason I ask is because I always exercise about 90% of the time after 6pm which then gets me home and I have my dinner about 8ish. Doesn't give me alot of time to eat those workout kcals. Unless I pigged out after my dinner on ice cream and almonds lol.

Any advice apprichiated.

Replies

• mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I too exercise late (after the boy has been tucked in and the wife has gone to bed)

I tend to log my calories burned after training.......but try to take into account the fact that I will be training during the day and "allow" myself to eat up to 200-300 calories more than my allotted calories pr. 500 calories I'm expected to burn.
  • eileenstevens
    Options
    I've only just started but I exercise really late as well. I havent been eating the exercise calories hopefully to lose weight faster. This is probably not a good idea though because if I did eat them later on it would throw off my weight loss. Also I find by not using them if I go over a little when I cant check on calories before I consume them the exercise then brings me back under my goal.
  • want2ba10again
    want2ba10again Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating back the calories I exercised off as well. This helped me to break a plateau that I was in for about 3 weeks. The weight does come off faster I have noticed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I log my days food first thing in the morning (just done it now) and then work out when i get home from work before i eat dinner.

I log my exercise when i have done it, in the evening, but as i know when i am going to work out, i will have already planned those calories into my days food.

for example, yesterday when i had finished logging i was at about 1500 is cals, and when i had exercised i had net 1300 which is my goal no. of cals.