Pics of bulks/cuts from start to now because my four year MFP anniversary is today!

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! This is incredible to see, thank you for posting. Did you find it was hard to go back to lower calories after a bulk and getting used to eating more?
  • KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Its mindboggling to me to have over 1000 days logged lol. When I lost my 300+ days I was devastated! Your hard work, dedication, and sacrifice is inspiring. Great work!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    Ugh. You inspire me but also make me feel a little bad about myself, because you're that good and I'm a suck *kitten*.

I’m curious what the kitten replaced lol but don’t let it make you feel bad! It took me 28 years of being overweight and disordered eating before it finally clicked. Plus you look amazing in your pic!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    As always, your progress is absolutely amazing and inspirational!

Thanks, I always love following your progress as well!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    WOW!!! This is incredible to see, thank you for posting. Did you find it was hard to go back to lower calories after a bulk and getting used to eating more?

It always takes me about a week or two for my hunger cues to get in line with the adjusted calories since it’s only a modest surplus. The mental aspect of eating at a deficit again is harder than physically getting used to it and usually takes me a few weeks. I usually cut with the end date of the cut being for a weightlifting meet so having a specific goal and timeframe for when I have to get on a scale in front of people makes it a little easier to get the mental part in check.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments!
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal transformation...love seeing dedication and hard work. Excellent job!
  • jamjarre
    jamjarre Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! :o
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Highly impressive. You've done brilliantly!!!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you so much for the inspirational pics!
    Did you notice your hip measurements increasing at any point?
    I am noticing other measurements decreasing, and an increase in the compliments on my butt, but just making sure my hip measurement increasing means my butt is just lifted/stronger.
    I'm fairly new to lifting.
    Any other things you noticed as a woman that would be helpful to keep in mind are welcome!
    Keep being awesome!
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love seeing your updates and pics! You look fantastic and even more, your strength and dedication are so inspirational! Please keep updating us on your journey. It keeps me motivated to see other women who love to lift. You rock :)
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love this! What do you focus on during a cut? Less fat...less overall macros and super clean eating...increased protein goal with more freedom to make up the rest of the calories...simply taking less calories in, regardless of the food quality? Or something completely different than this. Please help, what do you do?? You look amazing. I can’t believe those are the same arms! You make the seemingly impossible become reality!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Hi! Thank you so much for the inspirational pics!
    Did you notice your hip measurements increasing at any point?
    I am noticing other measurements decreasing, and an increase in the compliments on my butt, but just making sure my hip measurement increasing means my butt is just lifted/stronger.
    I'm fairly new to lifting.
    Any other things you noticed as a woman that would be helpful to keep in mind are welcome!
    Keep being awesome!

Thanks! My hip measurements did increase during bulks and were slightly larger at the same weight after cuts.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Love this! What do you focus on during a cut? Less fat...less overall macros and super clean eating...increased protein goal with more freedom to make up the rest of the calories...simply taking less calories in, regardless of the food quality? Or something completely different than this. Please help, what do you do?? You look amazing. I can’t believe those are the same arms! You make the seemingly impossible become reality!

Thanks so much!

I don’t adhere very strictly to macros. When I cut I generally try to get a gram of protein per pound of lean body mass and then I just let carbs and fat kind of fall where they may. I personally always prefer to eat a higher fat diet but especially when I cut because I find it more satiating. I usually eat 40%f/30%c/30%p but like I said it’s personal preference.

Though I do believe it al comes down to calories in vs calories out I feel my best when the bulk of my diet comes from meat, nuts, fruits, veggies and full fat dairy. I eat those types of foods 90% of the time and eat things like baked goods packaged snacks, “quick food” (ex.pizza) about 10% of the time. I hope this helps! Feel free to shoot me a message if you have a specific question :)
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    great story, awsome results, congratulations
  • ArmouredMuscle
    ArmouredMuscle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Oh my God. I am totally in love.
    Amazing dedication - absolutely, hands-on incredible.

How much of a surplus are you usually eating during your bulks? You still looked incredibly lean at the end of the 155 lb cycle.

Haha Thank you! I didn’t track meticulously during bulks because I have to track meticulously during cuts and consider it my break time but I ate an average surplus of 2200 calories a week. 250 calories extra two days a week on heavy training days (a big cup of Icecream) and 850 extra on Saturdays and Sundays. I gained about .5-.75 a week.

Again I must congratulate you. Its great to see both ends of the scale from someone and not just the supermodel low end.

You mention you got your surplus from icecream two days a week? I'm in a struggle now that I need that extra bump of calories on training days but all I have is 'bad' sugary food available at the end of the day. Do you try to get the surplus from 'clean' food mostly?

I'm not looking to do massive cuts but I would like to get up to weight first, cut, then maintain.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Very impressive & inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE transformation/s. You've done brilliantly!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Oh my God. I am totally in love.
    Amazing dedication - absolutely, hands-on incredible.

How much of a surplus are you usually eating during your bulks? You still looked incredibly lean at the end of the 155 lb cycle.

Haha Thank you! I didn’t track meticulously during bulks because I have to track meticulously during cuts and consider it my break time but I ate an average surplus of 2200 calories a week. 250 calories extra two days a week on heavy training days (a big cup of Icecream) and 850 extra on Saturdays and Sundays. I gained about .5-.75 a week.

Again I must congratulate you. Its great to see both ends of the scale from someone and not just the supermodel low end.

You mention you got your surplus from icecream two days a week? I'm in a struggle now that I need that extra bump of calories on training days but all I have is 'bad' sugary food available at the end of the day. Do you try to get the surplus from 'clean' food mostly?

I'm not looking to do massive cuts but I would like to get up to weight first, cut, then maintain.

When I eat in a surplus I do not try to eat “clean” foods. Most of my diet is made up of meats veggies and full fat dairy so I think bulking is the perfect time to enjoy some treats that don’t have as ideal of a nutritional makeup. I wasn’t joking when I said I do it with Icecream during the week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!