15-minute daily exercise is 'bare minimum for health'

Options
Article on the BBC News website, which I thought I'd share :smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14526853

Replies

• portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    DOn't want to be the "negative" one on this post. But I can say, I bet you if you ran as fast as you could for 10mins, daily, you'd have better health then if you jogged 15mins.
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    I found this article really interesting! Thank you for posting :)
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    speak for yourself lol i am still very much overweight and if i ran as fast as i could for ten minutes my knees would be a right state as would my ankles, different rates of exercise are good for different people for different reasons .... for now i will stick to 20 mins of brisk walking for every 10 minutes of running i could do
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    For myself, it took a lot of effort to start exercising regularly. It still takes a lot of motivation for me to exercise regularly - which I do, as I do Tae Kwon Do and having gradings regularly is very motivating (next one scheduled for next month)

For those who struggle to do any exercise, 15 minutes isn't a massive amount of time and is a starting point.
  • portexploit
    Options
    For myself, it took a lot of effort to start exercising regularly. It still takes a lot of motivation for me to exercise regularly - which I do, as I do Tae Kwon Do and having gradings regularly is very motivating (next one scheduled for next month)

For those who struggle to do any exercise, 15 minutes isn't a massive amount of time and is a starting point.

That's how i started, Actually it was 10mins for me. I couldn't even walk 10mins. I had to take a break around the 6 minute mark, for a minute or 2, then finish the other 4 minutes. The key is to develop the "habit" of doing exercise. Start slow and build.
  • portexploit
    Options
    speak for yourself lol i am still very much overweight and if i ran as fast as i could for ten minutes my knees would be a right state as would my ankles, different rates of exercise are good for different people for different reasons .... for now i will stick to 20 mins of brisk walking for every 10 minutes of running i could do
    I was partially kidding. my point was that intensity is an important factor for results. What matters is whatever you choose to do, stick with it. I was walking for 20mins, I wanted tto run, but i have a foot issue, so I started to use my exercise bike.