Weekends I Fall off The Wagon

Options
nicolebb9300
nicolebb9300 Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Monday through Friday I eat really well, usually get a few walks in. Saturday & Sunday I always fall off the wagon hard. Eating bigger meals, eating higher calories than normal. I find the weekends so hard because there’s no structure like the work week. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Sound advice above.
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yep, you know your weekend habit so plan ahead or make up for it after.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same issue. I have no problem reaching my caloric goal. I save most of my exercise calories and eat them all back on weekends. Weekdays are so busy for me, that it can be difficult to get in pre-logged foods. Weekends are much more relaxed. We have pizza night about every other Friday, for example, and this lets me have a couple more slices. It allows me to maintain my calorie deficit and feel like I'm "splurging" with my family.

As long as my weekly net calories equal my target goal, then I'm good.

Note: this may not work for everyone.
  • freespirit427
    freespirit427 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found food items that helped me feel like I’m cheating but actually I’m not. I specifically crave peanut butter and pasta on the weekends.

I found the most amazing peanut butter pie protein bars, I let it warm up a little and it’s gooey and delicious. I also snack on salt free peanuts.

I found konjac noodles with 1/4 cup skim mozzarella cheese and garlic olive oil help me get my pasta fix. All within 200 calories.

I’ve not gone over calories on the weekends in over 3 weeks now. This has really helped!

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,409 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing during the weekend and focus on that rather than eating. Find a hobby you enjoy that keeps you active: get out and go hiking, grab a (phone) camera and explore your neighbourhood for interesting shots, nature excursions with like-minded people, museum visits, dance (check meetup and similar websites). Just something you look forward to. And do it. Get distraction from bigger meals and just enjoy your weekend.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It may help to manage calories on a weekly basis, rather than trying to balance each day. If I were you (but I'm not ;) ), I'd also be trying to fit in some new active hobbies on the weekends, or home chores that are more active vs. sedentary.

This^

Get your deficit during the week, so you can eat at maintenance on the weekends.
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same. BUT you should make your meals in advance! I do it Friday and then it's just grab my container, heat and eat all weekend long! Make yourself calorie count and portion control on a weekday when you feel more in control!
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, it is opposite for me. I find keeping busy at home and running with the kids I do much better. At work I snack all day 😔
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Impose structure on your weekends. Plan, plan, plan!