2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Honestly, it looks like the problem is that we've been taught to think there's something wrong with a normal leg.

*kitten* yes! I never realized there were so many parts of my body to obsess over until I came here. Silly me, didn't even know what a hip dip or thigh gap or bikini bridge was.

You forgot the ab crack B), h.

Don't have that either :cry: Nor those cute back dimples. I'm such a failure!

I do, however, have a waist-to-hip ratio of .72 :wink:

Jeez, now I have to go find what mine is.
    Back in a sec.

I want to play too... if I could be arsed getting off the sofa to get a measuring tape!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I think .7 is 'ideal.' I had that before babies, darn it!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it looks like the problem is that we've been taught to think there's something wrong with a normal leg.

*kitten* yes! I never realized there were so many parts of my body to obsess over until I came here. Silly me, didn't even know what a hip dip or thigh gap or bikini bridge was.

And that toblerone holder one... I only know that one cos I have it :bigsmile:

ROTFL. I've never heard that one, but knew exactly what you were talking about the minute I read it.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

And that toblerone holder one... I only know that one cos I have it :bigsmile:

ROTFL. I've never heard that one, but knew exactly what you were talking about the minute I read it.

It was a new one on me, but I'm sure I saw it on here somewhere!! :laugh:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I learned Hip Dip on here too. I had never ever in my life compared people's hips to the extent that I knew there was any difference in anatomy on the outside curve of your hip.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have hip dips. I thought that's what happens when you develop quad muscles!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I have a thigh gap if I stand in a particular way :laugh:
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    We all have that part we are never happy with because the airbrushed perfect pictures or the plastic surgeons scalpel have removed from the model pictures. Be proud of everything you are and achieved
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hip dip strikes again. I feel your pain but not much can be done about it.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,545 Member
    Options

You forgot the ab crack B), h.

I have a biceps crack, whatever that is! Oh, and a bikini bridge, but only because I'm blessed with a massive pelvis for some reason.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I have a thigh gap if I stand in a particular way :laugh:

I only have a thigh gap at the "out" portion of jumping jacks :blush:
    I will have to googlz toblerone holder after work!

OP, that looks normal to me!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Yes -- I've been proud of mine, because it means that there's not fat covering that gap.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It is just how some humans are normally shaped with their bones and muscles. It is not uncommon or weird. No one but you is noticing it.
    I don't think you need to do anything about it. You have your own feelings about your body though. I guess you could try exercises for that area to see if you can change anything- or wear some padded shapewear or silicone hip pads to smooth the transition between your waist and thigh.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Googled the toblerone thing. People are weird :huh:
    And now I want all the Toblerones.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have hyoog orbital ridges and they are spectacular!