New and in search of friends

Options
Hello, my name is Eileen. I am 31 and have a lot of weight to lose. I mean a lot! I want to lose 125 lbs. Right now this seems like the hardest thing I have ever done. I have been on MFP for 5 days now and have lost 6.8 lbs. so far. I really like how easy it is to find food values and enter exercise. I have failed at diets before because the tracking was so time consuming and made dining out very difficult so this is really great. Exercise is very difficult and painful so far. I have been riding a bicycle with a few friends most nights, not an easy task for someone my size :happy: My husband has always loved me for who I am no matter how much I weigh. He is one of those people who can eat ANYTHING and never gain a pound, ya you get annoyed too. So my problem with that is as much as he loves me he doesnt understand how I feel about myself and how hard I struggle with my weight. Mainly I want to be healthy- 2 of my good friends now have diabetes and one of them had to have surgery on his eyes because of the disease. I really dont want to be number three! Ok, also I would like to look good too I admit it. I have never been a skinny girl and honestly im not sure that is possible but I would settle for not being obese. So this is me trying again this time hopefully smarter, commiting to being honest with myself and all of you and trying my best not to fall. For too long I let myself ignore my body and my health and eat whatever made me feel better, but no more it has to stop. I dont know why I've been self-destructing this way I just know I am done and need all the support I can get. The community on this site seems wonderful and I would like to have some friends on here so if your looking please add me. Crying as I write this but not signing off to go get a candy bar,
Good luck everyone- Eileen

Replies

• sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome....you can do this and you will be successful at it!! :flowerforyou:
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

Congratulations on your weightloss so far! You've done very well already.

Stay focussed and positive and you'll be totally successful :smile:
  • mikerouse
    mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. As you can see from my ticker below I have lost a lot. If I can do it you can too. At my best it was 120lbs lost and that's where I am getting back to again.
  • ellsbells555
    ellsbells555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Eileen, MFP is so easy - it'll make it easy for you and there's a huge amount of support so stick to it! You can do it!
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    aw what great reasons to join! ive only been on this site for a little but its been great, im conscious about my exercising and eating but not too much to the point where it takes over my life and makes me feel awful about it! it sounds like youll come to like this very much. good luck, and if you need anyone to talk to im here!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    HI Eileen,
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on your loss so far. YOU CAN DO IT ... IT IS POSSIBLE! I'm sending a friend request your way. MFP is a great support system on your weight loss journey. :)
  • chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Feel free to add me.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    aww bless you don't cry! We sound very similar Eileen . .I've only been a member 30 days, but I can honestly say I feel more motivated than I have EVER been and I've been struggling with my weight ALL my life (i'm 34 now) I also have well over 100lbs to lose. Your husband sounds excactly the same as mine too . . .he couldn't care less what weight I am and therefore dosn't understand when I'm getting upset over it (or throwing clothes around the bedroom in temper because I can't find anything that looks anywhere near decent!)

i will send you a request and maybe we can do this together?

p.s . . .NO MORE CRYING :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Diet is such an ugly word to those of us who have struggled with weight. I am looking at it as a lifestyle change. I am excercising everyday and eating healthy. A diet has never done me any good. I have lost fifty sixty pounds before in no time and it come right back. What I am striving for is the ability to make good food decisions that I have not been able to make in the past. You can do it if you want it.

Feel free to add me.
  • Jayfitness27
    Options
    Eileen,

though we are already friends, you are a courageous woman and i would be honored ot share thoughts with you :) I consider all my gal pals here in MFP like sisters.. if you got a problem I am always willing to listen.. that goes for everyone :) I enjoy writing and helping others cope with issues, as well as helping me through the writing learn about myself a little more... Its like the "Letters to Juliet" theme going on here... Except i dont know if i would unite anyone that had been lost for over 50 years. LOL A good tearjerking movie thats for sure.... but these arent times for tears, you have a big heart and know what you want in life... all you need is a little love and that can take you miles... chin up kiddo :) we all love you
  • carly_lauren
    Options
    Good luck Eileen. I am new on here too. I am 27 and the heaviest I have ever been. I am looking to lose about 30lbs to 35lbs and seem to find sticking to a diet really hard. My boyfriend likes to eat lots and loves chocolate and cakes and just general bad food and this makes it hard fro me to stick to a diet. When I lived at home my mum always ate very healthy with lots of salads but as he wont eat veg or salads I find myself cutting them out too as cooking 2 different dinners is hard work after a long day in the office!

I am determined this time to do my best as I am really unhappy with the way i look and it is really starting to get me down. I am hoping joining MFP I can get my eating habits back to normal!

Good luck!
  • rowmoor
    rowmoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do this.....im sending you a friend request...:flowerforyou:
  • laitae
    laitae Posts: 50
    Options
    There are many successful stories from people on this website, so you can achieve your goal too:-)
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll send you an add - I'm the same age and have about the same amount of weight to loose as you. Well done for taking the first few steps :) xxx
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I'm new too and hope we can encourage each other. Please add me!:wink:
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can certainly understand how you feel about having alot of weight to lose, but please know that you CAN do it. We can do it. I've been trying to lose 100 pounds since the beginning of 2010(a long time, huh). I'm half way there and I refuse to give up this time. Throughout this journey my mantra has been ' If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change'. Keep the faith. Add me if you'd like.
  • jwheele
    jwheele Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take it one day at a time and log everything in no matter what. It's a lifestyle change.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ah bless you, welcome Eileen - you'll see loads and loads of people on here who have lost more than you - and you'll meet literally hundreds who cannot just eat anything at get away with it so you'll be at home here! Everyone is lovely, you'll get all the support you need, I love it :-) Add me if you'd like a friend here, we can support each other :-)