Anyone stopped logging food !?

Options
Thought I'd see if anyone else feels the same! I've being doing great for around 5 weeks and now I feel I can eat like a 'normal' person now! Like I know what's going over the top and I can roughly judge the calories easily. Still on MFP all the time though for the forum motivation and weight a tracking !

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've not stopped but I log less frequently now. Mostly to save my sanity.
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    I did stop logging food to see how well l can maintain without logging it, but l just ended up eating more than l should. So l am logging for the time being and getting to learn the food labels so l know what is good and not good for me.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm still logging but I have found that by logging things that I eat frequently I have a better idea how many calories I am eating. Also, I have gotten into the habit of looking at nutrition labels so even if I didn't log it I would still be aware of what is in it so maybe I would choose not to eat it or not to eat as much.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have stopped since I reached my goal weight but.......I have found that I am gaining weight since I have stopped. Time to start logging again:ohwell:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have tried, but I always end up eating too much. Think I just need the discipline. Oh well.
  • eorourke23
    Options
    I have stopped logging food now aswell, and I am still doing great, 22lb weight loss, I love coming on here every day though, addicted to mfp :)
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Yes, for the same reasons you said. I eat pretty much the same things for breakfast and lunch so it's pretty easy to gage and I know what to eat for dinner to stay within my calorie range so I have stopped posting for about a week but I've found that it seems like I've lost a bit of steam and drive to stay within my range.....I'm also having cravings that weren't really a problem for me before and I really think it might be because I'm not logging anymore so I'm going to start again.
    Good luck to you:)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My kids HATE going grocery shopping with me now!!! I actually read everything that I buy and they hate going, maybe this is a plus??? but i still log everday :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I still log religiously every day, every mouthful, because I know the calories will mount up otherwise, and it makes me very aware of what I'm actually eating and when enough is enough.

I'm also logging regularly so that I can show my doctor my food intake - I keep a log of my weight losses/gains, which has proven useful in the past. My doctor uses an old fashioned needle scale which doesn't go up to my weight, and therefore guesstimates by where the needle stops, which could be anywhere - my weight and his recording actually differed by almost 5kg at one appointment - why they can't get a set of digital scales I don't know!
  • RebekahhAnn
    RebekahhAnn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been there...Done that......NOPE!.....It just doesn't Work!!!!!! I must be accountable somewhere....and this is the BEST spot ever!! If I don't log in(no matter what the reason)....I become lax in my good eating habits.....I may have to fight to get back to where I was....but it is completely worth it. It helps me to keep my focus on" why I began this journey anyway"!
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    1 word -

accountability

I have found over the years that the best way , for me, is to log everything I put in my mouth.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I keep logging because I tend to get off track and eat more if I don't. My weight loss is so slow so when I reach goal I know I won't have a problem maintaining. I have learned healthy eating so I should be ok. At that time I may give it a shot and not log but for right now as long as I am sill trying to reach my goal I will continue to log.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a year, have met my goal and will never stop logging. I don't know as much as I think. I don't trust myself and tracking keeps me honest.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Logging keeps me honest.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Out of interest, do people plan to log their food forever? What happens when the site no longer exists?
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging a few weeks ago and so far I've been doing really well. I've learned enough about nutrition and portion sizes to make good and conscious choices in what and how much I'm eating. For me the decision to stop logging was more for my mental sanity. I've struggled with disordered eating for much of my life and the obsessive logging of every single morsel of food was making things worse for me. I'm still on here for accountability, support and to track my fitness, but I realized I cannot continue to log my food and stay mentally and emotionally healthy as well, it's too much of a temptation for me to slip back into disordered eating.

I think the success of no longer logging food really depends on your motivation for it and how well you are able to adhere to healthy eating and correct portion sizes.
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hmm sounds like some different views here then! I always had of view of eventually eating like a normal person, i.e not caring really just eating when you're hungry. I mean normal people who aren't overweight won't electronically log everything that goes in their mouth for the rest of their life :S
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I stopped this summer and I started eating more and gaining weight so it is the only way of staying on tract for me.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Out of interest, do people plan to log their food forever? What happens when the site no longer exists?

I'll find another.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options

I'm going to log for a long time. Helps me track nutrients too. As long as the ad revenue continues, this site will continue. The value of so many members to market to is huge. Look at Facebook...