9 stone 22 years old 5’11

Options
I’m 22 weight 9 stone and 5 foot 11 you you can probably imagine how skinny I am 😅 I’ve gone from eating around 1000 calories a day too around 3000 very quickly and it’s the hardest thing I ever done any high calories meals or food that I may find easy too eat pleased share also gym routines for guys that are really skinny as I actually can’t find a lot online mostly just for bigger guys would help 😊

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I would not make a quick jump from 1000cals /day to 3000 cals - take that a little slower - increase to 2000 over a few days then gradually eat more. you probably will want over 3000 cals if you are lifting regularly
    Start lifting today - a program like Starting Strength or Strong Lifts- pick one and stick with it- either one is a good beginner program. follow the program - don't change it & eat - run it as long as you keep getting stronger- maybe after 3-4- months you can do a different program
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree with increasing slowly. Pick calorie dense foods. As long as you get high protien levels in your diet (a gram per pound of body weight) then do what i do.... Olive oil shots, peanut butter, nuts. Drinking calories ia easier than eating them. I make an 800 calorie shake that is nutritious and tasty
  • rickywilliamowen
    rickywilliamowen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only problem is that I’m really bad with the shakes they make me feel really ill 😫 I have a mass gainer shake that has 500 calories so I’ll have two a day and they are really thin so I don’t feel as bad
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only problem is that I’m really bad with the shakes they make me feel really ill 😫 I have a mass gainer shake that has 500 calories so I’ll have two a day and they are really thin so I don’t feel as bad

you can get 500 calories from peanut butter and full fat milk. why eat something that makes you feel ill? that hardly sounds sustainable?
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I grind up 50gram of oats and blend with 250ml milk. 50gram peanut butter and some frozen fruit. Throw in a scoop of whey if you want but not essential. Could throw an egg in. But this will be 700 cal plus. It tastes amazing and can be gone in minutes. Boom one meal down. Give it a wirl sometime. Nothing lost from trying.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat just over 2000 cals per day for maintenance at the minute and meals consist of...

Breakfast:
    porridge with water, honey and banana or bran flakes with milk and strawberries/banana

Mid-morning:
    Poached eggs and smashed avocado on toast, followed by grapes with yoghurt...
    Or... chocolate protein pancakes topped with fruit, yoghurt and dedicated coconut.

Lunch:
    Chicken or tuna salad adding eggs, cottage cheese and pasta/rice/bread/potato.

Mid-aft:
    Chicken, rice & veg or another salad.

Evening meal:
    Whatever I fancy

+ a post workout protein shake. That roughly equates to my 2000cals. Just work with foods you like and make a diet you enjoy, works with your goals and is healthy. Maybe a casein shake before bed on occasions, a couple of coffees aswell. More snacks added in if I need extra cals on any particular day.

Try working with foods first rather than just adding cals from mass gainers. Whey protein works well for added protein but try getting what you need from food first.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Most of those Mass gainers are a lot of sugar, you're better of eating some sandwiches - peanut butter is your friend. Right now - at your age & because you are so lean, this is a great opportunity to build muscle. your T is as high as it will ever be & you have little body fat - if you want muscle follow the suggestions - lift & eat. Full body workouts 3X week - squat each time + press, pull & Deadlift - keep increasing the weight you are lifting