Weight Loss Tips Please!

Options
cutiekoala
cutiekoala Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone! I am on a weight loss journey and two weeks in I already hit a wall. Good news, I haven’t gained a single .1 of a pound in the last week since I changed my diet and started a 100 day exercise challenge (at least 15 mins a day the first 50 days and 30 mins the last 50 days). But, unfortunately I haven’t gone down any lbs either.

I have PCOS which is making this a bit more difficult. I’ve cut out a lot of sugars (really hard I have one heck of a sweet tooth) and quite a few carbs but it’s not working out like I would expect (i thought two weeks later at least 1 lb would be gone). Anyone have any suggestions? This-for-that switches or other motivational tips?

I’m aiming to get to 145 lbs. I’m currently at 172.3 lbs, 27.3 to go.

Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• meaalways1
    meaalways1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you still tracking EVERYTHING you consume?? Take a look back on your diaries and see what's changed. Maybe it's time to refocus and make sure you are holding yourself accountable. It's an upward hill to weight loss and better eating habits. Good luck on your journey.
  • cutiekoala
    cutiekoala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!

I do track everything I consume, down the the ketchup I use or the little Hershey nugget I sneak. Now I have cut my daily carbs down from 50-53% to around 37-42% so that’s good. And I went from around 1600 cals a day to around 1400 cals a day so that’s good too. I’m trying to slowly get myself off instead of cold turkey. If I cold turkey I’ll do what I always do and quit. I also added daily 15-30 min exercises per day.

I’ve been tracking for 26 days according to this and Fitbit and while my sugar, carb and cal count have gone down my weight and fat% haven’t budged. About how long does it normally take to see any sort of change? Two months? With PCOS is that like 3-4 months?

It feels like I hit a roadblock when I haven’t even backed out of the driveway yet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's been a week and you just started a new exercise program. Give your body a little time to catch up with the changes!