how the 1st of july changed my life

Options
i woke up on that morning to get ready for university just like any other day.. my sister was also going to her work we were both in the same room when she asked my if i can help her to start working out and eating healthy like me (she was already my biggest supporter on this journey) i agreed and told her as soon as we go back home i'll help you with everything you need.. little did i know that that would be the last conversation i had with her before her unfortunate death in a car accident shortly after leaving home

now you can imagine what happened to my diet and workout routine
spent first two days dehydrated and with little to no food because i was going through the shock stage
the next stage was eating a lot of unhealthy food and drinking juices to make up for the days i didn't eat
at that point i thought i'll never go back to my fitness journey because it pained me that she wasn't here to start it with me but now 28 days later im back on track because apparently this isn't just about losing weight anymore this became a lifestyle for me no matter what circumstances i go through i'll always come back and this time better than ever !

and i know if she was her she would've said just because i didn't get my chance doesn't mean you have to waste yours

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your sister. Grieving is a long process, especially when the loss is so unexpected. Be kind to yourself.
  • MsWax
    MsWax Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your sister was/is still your biggest supporter. I lost my mom years ago, but I'm out on long runs I can "feel" her with me, encouraging me with every step. Keep her with you and live your best life.

And feel free to add me as friend if you need encouragement.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You clearly had a special relationship because she asked for your help with such an important goal.