Food and belly fat reduction?

If you’re a belly fat reduction success story, what foods did you eat as well as other foods you eliminated in order to get where you wanted to be?

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Yup what everyone else just said, losing weight by being in a caloric deficit is the only solution. I know it's not sexy, but it is what it is.
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well I’ve been reducing calories in my belly fat is not going to town at all I’m stuck between 40-41 inches
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Well I’ve been reducing calories in my belly fat is not going to town at all I’m stuck between 40-41 inches

The order of the places you lose comes down to genetics. For a lot of people the stomach is the last place. You just have to wait it out.

yep Im 5 years into losing fat(Im maintaining weight right now and losing fat recomping) and its the rest is just now coming off there and my hips/saddlebags.

Mine is on my thighs. I've been low enough bf to bulk a couple times but I always have that little bit on my thighs that I have just come to accept. I have no interest in getting a low enough bf for it to disappear. I'd never be able to maintain it if I did.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Unfortunately it comes off when your body lets it go. It was literally months of losing before I saw any meaningful progress on my midsection.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

The order of the places you lose comes down to genetics. For a lot of people the stomach is the last place. You just have to wait it out.

yep Im 5 years into losing fat(Im maintaining weight right now and losing fat recomping) and its the rest is just now coming off there and my hips/saddlebags.

Mine is on my thighs. I've been low enough bf to bulk a couple times but I always have that little bit on my thighs that I have just come to accept. I have no interest in getting a low enough bf for it to disappear. I'd never be able to maintain it if I did.

I havent been a low enough body fat yet to bulk. I tried a deficit over and over the last 5 years and cant seem to get down to a low enough percentage or to where I think I should be. even with low calories(nothing less than 1300) I cant seem to lose like I should.dont know why(blood work comes back normal to where nothing should hinder the loss). Im doing better eating at maintenance and losing the fat compared to being in a deficit. I have taken diet breaks over the course of the 5 years. some lasting a month or 2 to make sure to get things back where they should be.

went back to weighing everything and counting and nothing. so I figure I will just keep doing what Im doing as long as Im seeing results. the lowest Ive been is 163 lbs. Im 5'6 1/2, 43 almost 44 and my weight before I became obese was 140s. Im in the 170s now. which some could be muscle as I have been lifting since I started my journey but dont think a big percentage is.my clothes still fit the same since I gained some weight back(10lbs or so in the last year). but the fat is coming off so I cant complain
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member

I havent been a low enough body fat yet to bulk. I tried a deficit over and over the last 5 years and cant seem to get down to a low enough percentage or to where I think I should be. even with low calories(nothing less than 1300) I cant seem to lose like I should.dont know why(blood work comes back normal to where nothing should hinder the loss). Im doing better eating at maintenance and losing the fat compared to being in a deficit. I have taken diet breaks over the course of the 5 years. some lasting a month or 2 to make sure to get things back where they should be.

went back to weighing everything and counting and nothing. so I figure I will just keep doing what Im doing as long as Im seeing results. the lowest Ive been is 163 lbs. Im 5'6 1/2, 43 almost 44 and my weight before I became obese was 140s. Im in the 170s now. which some could be muscle as I have been lifting since I started my journey but dont think a big percentage is.my clothes still fit the same since I gained some weight back(10lbs or so in the last year). but the fat is coming off so I cant complain

Seeing your posts over the years, I know you've come a long way while dealing with some medical issues. Sounds like you're doing well despite the frustrations.

I think recomp is great and I'm glad you're seeing results. I'm thinking that's where I'm heading myself. I've had a couple wrist injuries this past year, including one surgery, and I don't think I can work as hard as I would like to bulking. I'm also on the cusp of 44, in just over a month in fact, and don't rebound like I used to. Hopefully, in time, I can get one or two more bulk/cut cycles in. But I think recomp is necessary at this point.

If I haven't said it before, congrats on your progress!

I'll stop jacking the OP's thread now. :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Stay on track and keep going. Sure it sucks that belly fat is the last to go. Keep maintaining discipline and the results will follow. Patience.