No meat week, any Mr ideas

Options
I've been focusing on burn most of my fat but reserving my muscle I've been eating pretty decent, chicken turkey ect but I've only lost 7 pounds my goal is to drop 20, I've come the part of my kids I like to call no meat week. It's pretty self explanatory, im soooooo hungry what are some good meat free meal suggestion

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, why meat free week? How little (calories) are you eating? How long did it take you to lose 7 pounds?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Fish, eggs, nuts, i eat a lot of quinoa and lentil meals (curries, salads...)

but you don't have to go no meat to loose weight. weight is about calories in and calories out.
  • aeb5
    aeb5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato and black bean tacos! Shakshuka (which is eggs cooked in a tomato base). Buddha bowls are great with whatever you have on hand.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Curries! A lot of curries are vegetarian, and if you use a lentil base and add a lot of veg such as aubergine (eggplant) they can be good protein and low in calories.
  • LondonSummer2018
    LondonSummer2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chilli made of loads of veg and beans

Spanish omelette-or frittata lots of eggs, potatoes, veg and some cheese can even throw in tuna for extra protein

Jacket potatos and baked beans

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    leoswagg wrote: »
    I've been focusing on burn most of my fat but reserving my muscle I've been eating pretty decent, chicken turkey ect but I've only lost 7 pounds my goal is to drop 20, I've come the part of my kids I like to call no meat week. It's pretty self explanatory, im soooooo hungry what are some good meat free meal suggestion

As upthread, Bean chilli, Curry with paneer, fritatta, bean salad.

As others are asking, the question is really what you're hoping to achieve? One week doesn't really give you any significant benefit.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, string cheese, egg whites, lentils, quinoa, tofu...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    This is a poor execution of an idea. You need to do research and have a meal plan ready if you intend to eat in a way that is unfamiliar to you. While there is no long term harm that can come from improper nutrition for a single week it still seems silly to dive in without looking first. I suggest you stop and if you want to try this again do it with better preparation.

I will occasionally do something like this to shake things up a little but there is no health or weight loss benefit to it.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Google "vegan meal ideas + protein". That way, you can make sure you're getting sufficient protein while you're meat-free. Is there a reason you want to go meat free? I'm not seeing how it's connected to weight loss. As long as you're eating fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. Though it would make me miserable I could eat nothing but 6 McDonald's hamburgers every day and still lose.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has asked this, but what are "Mr. Ideas"?

I read it as meal replacement ideas. h
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Beans, gazpacho soup, cottage cheese, quinoa, nuts.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Ok Ms. H Smartypants :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My favourite vegetarian meal.

https://pin.it/z5wmbi4itpsaa3
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options

Ok Ms. H Smartypants :p

Hee hee hee, I could well have got it wrong and it is a new and wonderful diet to drop 10lbs in 10 days and Mr. Ideas came up with it.

Cheers, h.
  • klauss_torres
    klauss_torres Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the gardein mandarin chicken, is vegan (I'm not vegan) some of my friends think they are eating chicken. I also eat beans, lentils and veggie burgers. But I don't avoid meat to lose weight (it's all about the calories) I sometimes eat chicken or fish, i just do it because of the animal treatment.
  • purposeful2018
    purposeful2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Brown rice. It’s a life saver. Mix in black beans, corn, tomatoes & seasoning. It’s so filling!