No meat week, any Mr ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has asked this, but what are "Mr. Ideas"?

I read it as meal replacement ideas. h

That makes sense. The Mr as opposed to MR threw me off. Well that and I don't consider meat free meals meal replacements.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was wrong @L1zardQueen & @aokoye.
    Mr. ideas is meat replacement not meal replacement.
    Smarty pants have been removed, replaced with gardening shorts.

Cheers, h.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was wrong @L1zardQueen & @aokoye.
    Mr. ideas is meat replacement not meal replacement.
    Smarty pants have been removed, replaced with gardening shorts.

Cheers, h.
    Gardening shorts are useful for gardening which may very well mean fresh produce though. I say embrace the gardening shorts!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Quinoa--complete protein (all essential amino acids). Amaranth (another grain) also is good with protein and fiber. You can make them both like rice. I also like black beans and high protein tofu (sauteed in garlic).
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Well - there are plenty of fake burgers, like Beyond that are large and filling, and other fake meats. But in the spirit of the week, and having kids involved, I’d go all in. Google is your friend. Start with a beautiful avocado toast with a spicy black bean chili, or Zoodles with marinara tempeh sauce and 7 grain garlic bread, simple veggie kebabs, huge sweet potatoes with chunky fire roasted tomato, beans and stewed okra. Lots of recipes for fudge vegan brownies, snickerdoodle cookies, chia pudding with agave and shaved coconut.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yes I had presumed the OP was talking about meat rather than fish. They were just suggestions so I’m sure they can select which suit their diet

Fish is meat. Fish aren’t plants. :confused:

I'm always amused when people say they don't eat meat but then order fish and chicken lol.

I used to ask if fish and chickens get planted.

Some went on to explain that because fish and chicken are in different places in stores (fish counter and poultry sections) that means they aren't meat. 😶

They are animals. It's meat. Flesh.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Beans, legumes, tofu, nuts, seeds, pasta, rice, quinoa, potatoes. You can make curries, bolognese, chilli, stews, casseroles etc from these. I personally love curry/dhal as it's so versatile. There's also lots of meat replacements out there now if that's your sort of thing.

You don't have to cut meat out to lose weight, it really is just calories in vs calories out. It's just often that when people cut out a certain type of food they by default have less calories. Meat can be quite calorically dense depending on what you have.

If you want further meal ideas though, I don't eat any animal products and my diary is open :)