Looking to lose 8 kg, 17 lbs, in 8 weeks.

Options
fruitily
fruitily Posts: 75 Member
I know it's going to be hard. But that will have me down to normal BMI to attend a wedding. And I really want to be Normal BMI by then.

Will work hard. Will track every day. Will go running, biking and do my time at the gym. Will reach my goal weight.

Replies

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What are your maintenance/lifestyle plans after the wedding? :)
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I agree with @RAinWA

Why the sprint? With so little to lose, there are more pleasant and sustainable ways to get there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fruitily wrote: »
    I know it's going to be hard. But that will have me down to normal BMI to attend a wedding. And I really want to be Normal BMI by then.

Will work hard. Will track every day. Will go running, biking and do my time at the gym. Will reach my goal weight.

You can only go to a wedding if you're 'normal' weight? Really? :huh:
  • Sundaenia
    Sundaenia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the sense of urgency. I don't have an event coming up, but my smokin hottie of a husband is getting more buff by the day and I just had a strap bust off of my scrubs...my scrubs...which are meant to be loose to begin with *face palm* I am totally with you. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • fruitily
    Options
    @bikecheryl My plan is to keep going, probably at a slightly less stressful pace. My goal isn't to lose the weight, but to fit into the dress I'm supposed to be wearing, that was ordered a year ago before I broke my leg and spent 3 months on the couch eating crap and gaining a lot of weight. I say 2 months, because that will give me half a month to get the dress fitted if I fail.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @kommodevaran Yeah, I know. My problem is that I gained a lot of weight after breaking my leg. And now the dress that was fitted over 6 months ago no longer fits. I've set my goal two weeks before the wedding so I can get it fitted again if I fail.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @Sundaenia The post is a little hyperbole. Because if I can't lose all the weight, I'll just have the dress re-fitted. I just don't want to spend the money.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @TavistockToad My real goal is to get back to the weight I was when I was fitted for the dress I'm supposed to wear. And if I fail, I've got two weeks from my goal day to have it re-fitted.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @hippysprout In short; to avoid paying to have the dress refitted. I gained the weight in a little more then 6 months after breaking my leg. Now spot reduction isn't a thing, so I'll toss the dice and hope to lose the inches around my waist and thighs that I need.

If not I'll pay to have it fitted. Again.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @RAinWA Yes. It's a strange, theme, wedding.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad My real goal is to get back to the weight I was when I was fitted for the dress I'm supposed to wear. And if I fail, I've got two weeks from my goal day to have it re-fitted.

or buy some spanx and a new dress that fits you now...
  • bikecheryl
    Options
    @bikecheryl My plan is to keep going, probably at a slightly less stressful pace. My goal isn't to lose the weight, but to fit into the dress I'm supposed to be wearing, that was ordered a year ago before I broke my leg and spent 3 months on the couch eating crap and gaining a lot of weight. I say 2 months, because that will give me half a month to get the dress fitted if I fail.

Ahhhhh.... well now that makes sense. Sorry about the broken leg!

You sound like you have a plan, if you don't meet your goal you could come pretty close.

All I can say is just watch you don't over work the leg .... good luck!!

Oh and I'd love to see a pic of the dress since you mentioned it's a "theme" wedding, sounds cool!
  • fruitily
    Options
    @TavistockToad I tried the dress on with spanks, it still didn't fit right. And if I show up in a different dress, and ruin the theme, the bride will kill me dead, stuff my corps into the dress, and weekend at Bernie me.
  • fruitily
    Options
    @bikecheryl The theme is ugly colours and shapes that makes me look worse than the bride I'll be standing behind.
  • bikecheryl
    Options
    @bikecheryl The theme is ugly colours and shapes that makes me look worse than the bride I'll be standing behind.

Hilarious !! Now you absolutely HAVE to post a pic.

How's your plan going ?.... it's been a couple of days.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Alright I am invested in the story and I need to follow this to see if you succeed in fitting into the dress. Also, I would very much like to see a picture of the dress :D
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I really do like your humor - you should do well here!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad I tried the dress on with spanks, it still didn't fit right. And if I show up in a different dress, and ruin the theme, the bride will kill me dead, stuff my corps into the dress, and weekend at Bernie me.

Well obvs you'd get a dress that still fits the theme... I'm not a complete animal...