Need Mentor or Friends!

Options
Hi there.

22 year old female at 31.3% BMI which is slightly over the obese range. 40 lb weight loss goal!

Needing a mentor to keep me exercise accountable and give exercise suggestions. Love weight training, HATE CARDIO WITH A PASSION. I'm starting to take up swimming as a cardio option. Also going to begin sprint training soon. I love to sprint (I'm fast and was in track) but hate to jog/endurance/run.

I'm trying to cook all meals at home as we have bad habits of spending money and eating out. So recipes ideas are great! ( psst. we are having one cheat meal a week though)

I'd like to find a mentor near my age or someone very knowledgeable about low carb and alternative cardio options.

I look forward to meeting a mentor!

I would prefer someone who actively uses MFP and is easy to reach. Texting would even be appreciated!

Or if anyone just wants accountability/goals partner for additional support, I'd love to make friends and be that for you! WARNING: Should we text, I send a LOT of gifs. lol

My name is Kerri btw

Replies

• sandrasolis70
    sandrasolis70 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • FickleFruitBat
    FickleFruitBat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerri, I'm sending a friend request now.

I'm pretty consistent with my logging (diary open to friends. Not perfect but it's real.) I'm into low impact cardio and haven't done any weight training so maybe we can mutually benefit from each other's knowledge.
  • almostanxious
    almostanxious Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerri, I'm sending a friend request now.

I'm pretty consistent with my logging (diary open to friends. Not perfect but it's real.) I'm into low impact cardio and haven't done any weight training so maybe we can mutually benefit from each other's knowledge.

I’ve added you. My diary is open as well. Feel free to message me and we can talk about exercising lol.
  • almostanxious
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    Feel free to add me.

Added you😌
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I so hate cardio too, though am going to learn to love it this year, that is my goal. Feel free to add me
  • mholl15
    mholl15 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    sorry that you hate cardio but I honestly think that's the shortcut to weight loss. Feel free to accept me request and we can support and motivate each other
  • Angielosingitagain
    Angielosingitagain Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and I have a very close BMI to yours and have similar goals! (: Feel free to add me!
  • almostanxious
    Options
    mholl15 wrote: »
    sorry that you hate cardio but I honestly think that's the shortcut to weight loss. Feel free to accept me request and we can support and motivate each other

You're absolutely right...let me rephrase..... I HATE jogging/endurance running lol. I've taken up swimming, playing soccer, sprinting, and am looking into rollerskating as cardio
  • almostanxious
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and I have a very close BMI to yours and have similar goals! (: Feel free to add me!

added you :)
  • almostanxious
    Options
    I so hate cardio too, though am going to learn to love it this year, that is my goal. Feel free to add me

SAME
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    I can be your accountability buddy... sent a FR. Lost 103lbs......carb cycle....so lots of low carb/no carb days.
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. I love cardio but the only weight training workout I have found I like is Body Pump. Added two classes a week last month.
  • tttwww325
    tttwww325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me:)