Scale before poop or after?

I weight myself every week after I wake up and before I eat or drink anything. I usually try to poop before it too, so the scale can show the most accurate numbr, but I can't poop first thing in the morning most of the time. How do you scale yourself?

Replies

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    As long as you are consistent then it shouldn't matter. I always weigh after poop but I'm one who has to go first thing.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    It really doesn’t matter. If your weight is decreasing over time, you’re doing it right.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Calildur wrote: »
    I weight myself every week after I wake up and before I eat or drink anything. I usually try to poop before it too, so the scale can show the most accurate numbr, but I can't poop first thing in the morning most of the time. How do you scale yourself?

Doesn't matter. You're looking for trend over significant time anyway. And, your scale will be "accurate" either way. I step on the scale whenever I happen to see the scale and realize I haven't weighed in a while. The scale I'm much more concerned with is the food scale. If I'm accurate there, then I know my fat loss is happening (if I'm in a deficit).

Don't lose sight of the big picture. A pound or two on fluctuations - whether water, digestion speed, or whatever is just noise over time.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    There are so many variables that affect the weight on the scale that it shouldn't matter in the long run. Being consistent will give you more palatable answers on the day-to-day, but either way you should be able to see a trend downward if you're logging accurately.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    I don’t know how people poop before eating or drinking anything! I need at least a big glass of water to get anything moving. So I always weigh before i eat/drink and therefore also before pooping. If I drink 2 glasses of water and a mug of tea, even if I poop, I’m still heavier than before just because of the liquid.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    I've been known to weigh before and after, just out of curiosity. It doesn't make a very significant difference
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Not a daily pooper so generally before. But sometimes my digestive system has other plans :lol:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I weigh myself Sunday morning after I pee and before I eat or drink.
    I don't typically poop until later in the day. It has not made a big difference to scale weight over time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    If you can't poop first thing in the morning most of the time, then don't worry about it. It doesn't really matter. As long as the trend is down, you're doing it right.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    edited July 2018
    I weigh first thing (after visiting the toilet) before I drink or eat anything. Whether or not I poo before is up to the gods. :D
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I weigh first thing in the AM after I pee and in my undies. I rarely poop in the AM, so I just go with consistency.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    First thing in the AM, stark naked and post-pee -- ideally post-poop but often that doesn't happen first thing, and I've learned my lesson when it comes to trying to poop (hemorrhoids are evil. Eeeeviiil).

If I'm down less than I'd like and I haven't pooped, then I have something to blame it on!
  • mholl15
    mholl15 Posts: 139 Member
    definitely after, I can lose 5 lbs by simply sh1ting
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    I've been known to weigh before and after, just out of curiosity. It doesn't make a very significant difference

It can make a big difference though. I've done before and after and lost up to a pound if I had a large meal the day before or been constipated for a few days.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Why don't you weigh yourself right before and right after you drop the deuce then subtract the difference from your morning weigh in. Better yet, toss the thing on a scale.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Weigh after poop! Always!!!!