Recipes and advice

Options
daggycat
daggycat Posts: 4 Member
Hi! So I started using MyFitnessPal today and I am not eqting nearly enough calories than I should be and also just not enough overall! I am THE pickiest eater in the world and I find it so hard to find healthy nutritional recipes for dinner and lunch that have ingredients that I like, does anyone have any advice for picky eaters and/or recipes of some simple “picky eater friendly” foods? Thank you so much :)

Replies

• Shoop69
    Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi DaggyCat :) I'd suggest you go to a recipe builder website and type in your favourite ingredients - let the website do the work by finding you recipes. Good luck!
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    daggycat wrote: »
    Hi! So I started using MyFitnessPal today and I am not eqting nearly enough calories than I should be and also just not enough overall! I am THE pickiest eater in the world and I find it so hard to find healthy nutritional recipes for dinner and lunch that have ingredients that I like, does anyone have any advice for picky eaters and/or recipes of some simple “picky eater friendly” foods? Thank you so much :)

Are you overweight or underweight? If overweight, I don't understand how that happened with the problem you stated.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,000 Member
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »

Are you overweight or underweight? If overweight, I don't understand how that happened with the problem you stated.

We see this

We see this a lot in here. Sometimes it's logging errors (they're eating more than they think), but it's also very common for people to eliminate a lot of foods they used to eat that they perceive of as "bad." They don't like the foods they're "allowed" to eat and think they're not allowed to eat the food they like.
  • daggycat
    Options
    Shoop69 wrote: »
    Hi DaggyCat :) I'd suggest you go to a recipe builder website and type in your favourite ingredients - let the website do the work by finding you recipes. Good luck!

ok yes I'll try that thank you!! :smile:
  • daggycat
    Options

I am overweight because I used to (and still occasionally do) used to snack all the time (way too much), eat unhealthy foods, order pizza with my friends alot, have ice cream and eat lots of candy and chips as a teenager and I have been for the past 1 1/2 years on and off trying to replace the unhealthy foods I eat for healthy foods and also snack less and I have noticed, and especially today, that when I have a day where I don't let myself have anything unhealthy to eat, I snack a lot less, maybe 1 or 2 but breakfast, lunch and dinner aren't nearly as nutritional as they are supposed to be or have enough calories and I have trouble finding recipes I like that have the nutrients and calories I need to be full for a good while. But I do understand why it seemed confusing :smile:
  • daggycat
    Options

We see this

We see this a lot in here. Sometimes it's logging errors (they're eating more than they think), but it's also very common for people to eliminate a lot of foods they used to eat that they perceive of as "bad." They don't like the foods they're "allowed" to eat and think they're not allowed to eat the food they like.

Ah yes I think that is probably whats going on hehe... I find it unlikely that I logged wrong today anyway because I tried to be very precise up the the decimal in grams, but I am probably cutting way too much stuff out of my diet that is perfectly fine to eat, I just have to figure out what they are :blush::smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Since you don't say what ingredients you do like it is impossible to suggest recipes. Picky eaters are not picky about the same things.

I'd suggest incorporating more of what you do like into your diet and eating smaller portions while working on adding new foods. Choose more calorie dense foods if you have trouble reaching your calorie goal and are logging accurately.