Macros

Options
Ok everyone so my fitness pal is asking me to eat anywhere from 120 to 190 grams of protein a day depending on my activity that day. Does anyone else think that's excessive or is that normal? I'm having a hard time eating all my protein and staying under my calories.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    MFP's default protein is 20%. Did you increase that percentage in your settings? If so, you told MFP to tell you that higher amount.

ETA: Personally, I have Premium and set my goals to 70 g of protein (which I aim to meet or exceed), 50 g of fat (which I aim to meet or exceed), and everything else (including all exercise calories) to carbs.
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If I did increase it, it was by accident. Let me see if I know how to fix it lol
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    What's your weight and what are you trying to achieve?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    190 grams is definitely excessive. MFP gives you back the calories you earn through exercise, and it tells you to eat the same percentage if each macro no matter what calore target you end up with. I wish it didn't do that. Can you just ignore the added protein, and think of them as "pocket money" calories, that you can spend as you like?
  • bigrichieAF28
    bigrichieAF28 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    190 grams is definitely excessive. MFP gives you back the calories you earn through exercise, and it tells you to eat the same percentage if each macro no matter what calore target you end up with. I wish it didn't do that. Can you just ignore the added protein, and think of them as "pocket money" calories, that you can spend as you like?

To piggy back off this comment....I weigh 220lbs and my protein intake with macros is 189. However, I didn't get my numbers using mfp. If using premium, it allows you to turn off calories added from exercise.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    gracie2586 wrote: »
    If I did increase it, it was by accident. Let me see if I know how to fix it lol

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals