Scale before poop or after?

Options

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So, as you can see, there are tons of different answers (for both). So, my suggestion - pick one and do that. Just be consistent...either ALWAYS before or ALWAYS after.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Before and after. ;-)
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    As others have said, it doesn't really matter. Your post did remind me of this though:

Negative_e2242b_1791639.jpg

Yeah, this has certainly happened to me! It's baffling, but not enough to truly care about

• mholl15
    mholl15 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Why don't you weigh yourself right before and right after you drop the deuce then subtract the difference from your morning weigh in. Better yet, toss the thing on a scale.

lmao
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @kettiecat Great minds think alike.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing in the AM, after peeing. After poo would be ideal, as I feel like that's my "real weight". It doesn't always happen though. So I'm not worried about it. (I'm not exactly an early pooper :sweat_smile: ) Although there is something to be said about weighing before, and after and feeling like you just dropped a pants size. :lol:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    After in the mornings. All that matters is that you track your trends at a consistent time, be that morning, noon or evening or whenever.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I just weigh myself right after my morning pee.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I can only wish to be that predictable. As it is, I weigh first thing in the morning, after peeing and in naught but my undies.

cdnvhk2gxjnf.jpg
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    C_Stretton wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    As others have said, it doesn't really matter. Your post did remind me of this though:

Negative_e2242b_1791639.jpg

Yeah, this has certainly happened to me! It's baffling, but not enough to truly care about

Every. Single. Damn. Time.

To the point that now, if I go in the morning, I *don't* weigh after.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do it after, did a before and after “experiment. ” After evacuation I was a pound lighter than before! It doesn’t really matter though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it. The goal is fat loss, ultimately.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If you want a solid (hehe) baseline, then weigh after. I eat late anyway so it works for me. Otherwise, just use a weight trending app and weigh at the same time every day and it'll give you an average.

Do a before and after once in a while, just for fun.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Johnd2000 wrote: »
    Before and after. ;-)

Yep, because I am curious about everything. :smiley:
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh after I've been to the toilet but I'm not particularly regular and it doesn't seem to make a difference. (I'm one of those who's weighed before and after out of curiosity and it's made no difference to the scale.) In any case, weight loss is a long term project so a couple of grams here and there because of waste, like water weight or any other reason for fluctuating weight is going to even out over time.