Keto failure

Options
jla5774
jla5774 Posts: 16 Member
August 1, 2018 11:25AM
So I have been doing keto for about a month. I have stayed under 20 carbs a day and lost a few pounds the first week and a half. Since then NOTHING!! What am I doing wrong? My protein is around 20% and my fat intake high. Help me out?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? A weight loss is created by a calorie deficit.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are counting your calorie intake too?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • jla5774
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yes. I'm at 1200 calories a day. Which is what I calculated for calorie deficiency.
    I've read about how much success everyone has with keto so I am very frustrated at this point.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Keto still works by creating a deficit.. CICO. Some people will naturally end up in a deficit with the restrictions of keto... some might still need to count calories and log meals.
  • jla5774
    Options
    Scaling and measuring. Was doing weight watchers before this so used to tracking portions so I think I'm being pretty accurate there.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    If you think you are accurate then you need to be patient. Weight loss takes time. How many pounds do you want to lose?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jla5774 wrote: »
    Scaling and measuring. Was doing weight watchers before this so used to tracking portions so I think I'm being pretty accurate there.

If you open your diary, we may be able to help you troubleshoot your logging.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary and maybe we can spot some issues.

Go to FOOD > settings, scroll down and click "Public."
  • jla5774
    Options
    Thunk I've made my diary public now
  • jla5774
    Options
    I am weighing but not always finding it in that measurement on the list so entering it as the closest I could match.
  • jla5774
    Options
    Can you help me locate it better so I can log better?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    I also saw an entry for sauteed squash but no oil was entered. Did you use spray oil?
  • jla5774
    Options
    Yes it was spray oil. I didnt cook it, it was at someone's home so I couldn't add extra fat or oil.
  • jla5774
    Options
    I'm currently weigh in around 200 and looking to lose at least 50-70 pounds (I'm 5' 2") do you feel 1200 calories is where I should be aiming?