Todays lunch?

Options
Okay everyone i need help once again i am at work and forgot my lunch at home (1 hour drive away) what is something quick and healthy that i can grab from the grocery store?

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Which grocery store is near you?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    One of those prepackaged salads or even those deli sandwiches and add a cup of those fresh fruit cups in the produce section.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    If I have to grab some food on the go, I sometimes goes to Wendy's get a grilled chicken sandwich, toss the bun out, and cut it up on top of a ceasar side salad minus the croutons. Less than 500 calories if you ditch the bun and the croutons.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    fat free low sodium ham or similar, banana, yogurt.. just a few ideas
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do they have a salad bar? That's always a quick, healthy (if you pick the right toppings) choice. Otherwise some fruit and a sandwich.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Subway near you? Get you a 6" turkey on wheat and load it with veggies but NO mayo. Eat it with Lays light chips and a water! My favorite go to meal! :)
  • claytonsmith805
    Options
    is there a microwave available? If there is then you have a world of possibilities with Lean Cuisine etc
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually do chili or soup. Lots of sodium, but it's got protein and not too bad for calories if you get the right one. Maybe one of those ready made sandwiches from the deli section with a piece of fruit? And of course if they have a salad bar, that's always an option.
  • samblam
    samblam Posts: 9
    Options
    i do have access to a microwave and also the closest grocery store is superstore or colemans
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Salad with tuna, tons of veggies, and Paul Newman's Light Italian is what I am having today :)
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Fresh fruit.cheese. yogurt. Crackers.quick n easy