Food as a substitute for sex?

Options
Alluring72
Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
I tend to eat or have a strong desire to eat - even when I am not hungry. It has been suggested to me that maybe I am eating to in an attempt to satisfy insatiable carnal desires. Anyone else struggling with this? What do you use as a substitute for food and sex when you aren't hungry and can't attend to your sexual urges?

Replies

• ambush63
    ambush63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do substitute food for sex as food increases the serotonin in the brain. When I can't or shouldn't have either I read or do some other diversional activity such as shop, read or something crafty.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    True scientific fact!

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Workout
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ..... only tacos.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I survive solely on root oil
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yes .....And I just realized it tonight ..... I am going to try working out more it’s the missing serotonin
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love food but I can't imagine it ever substituting sex. Or at least not good sex. You can never have an emotional connection with food. Not the way you can with a person.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    katphi1618 wrote: »
    I love food but I can't imagine it ever substituting sex. Or at least not good sex. You can never have an emotional connection with food. Not the way you can with a person.

As someone that's recovering from an eating disorder I beg to differ! You can to a degree just like you can have varying levels of emotional connection with humans - for some it's just sex, for others it's making love. For some eating is just fuel in, for others it's a complex love hate relationship (we hate that we love sugary foods for instance)
  • katphi1618
    Options
    Resistive wrote: »

Clearly you have not seen me eat cheesecake! It’s orgasmic!

I'm pretty sure watching someone else eat would be far less satisfying than eating or having a fun romp. No offense. Lol
  • katphi1618
    Options
    bufger wrote: »

As someone that's recovering from an eating disorder I beg to differ! You can to a degree just like you can have varying levels of emotional connection with humans - for some it's just sex, for others it's making love. For some eating is just fuel in, for others it's a complex love hate relationship (we hate that we love sugary foods for instance)

I feel for people who have a bad relationship with food. I can't imagine. I also wouldn't want to be in a position where any emotional connection could be stronger or more fulfilling than with another human being.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    No, the other way around

Edit: you are your own best friend

within reason, of course. many a teenage boy found that out the hard way.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Only if/when, I get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!
  • ArmouredMuscle
    ArmouredMuscle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers?

I had an involuntary loud laugh in a quite room at this!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    There is no substitute for either, so the rational approach should be

lyw4ucqyq8le.jpg

Preferably not at the same time, though. I think that would be messy.

That’s why the baby Jesus gave us rubber sheets.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    There is no substitute for either, so the rational approach should be

lyw4ucqyq8le.jpg

Preferably not at the same time, though. I think that would be messy.

That’s why the baby Jesus gave us rubber sheets.

I thought that was for when you finally have to substitute sex with an oxygen tank but I'm having a revelation now.

For best results, aim at least for a zero-sum game, calorie wise:smiley: