Need motivation and suggestions please

Options
Hello, I am a non-smoker with poor breathing due to health issues. I’ve dropped 22 pounds recently. Yea! Now its time for more weight and inches lost. And to be in the best physical shape and the best emotional shape too.
I’m looking for encouragement and suggestions in how to achieve my goals.

Thanks a million!

Replies

• kylecdenton
    kylecdenton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep doing whatever you’re doing. It’s obviously working! Give yourself a goal, and a prize for yourself once you get there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's your definition of 'best physical shape'?

Run a marathon, squat your bodyweight, do 10 pull ups?
  • GreatNeckVBMom
    GreatNeckVBMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you don’t do light weights, I would try to add them! If you’re not comfortable in a gym, then start out with just your own body weight— like 5 push-ups and build from there. Or take a couple of cans out of your cupboard and do arm circles with them. Muscle burns fat and helps you end the day less tired!
  • Kryogen316
    Kryogen316 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job keep working at it, focus on controlled breathing, and remember its not a race, your doing a great job, and as previously mentioned set goals for yourself.
  • rubydew2419
    rubydew2419 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

My definition of my own best physical shape goal, is way less than you describe. To be able to walk on treadmill for 20 minutes without having breathing labored. Nothing fast starting out, mind you. I deal with significant health issues, not just the breathing problems. Ultimately be able to walk real fast on treadmill. My best body shape would be to lose the
    30 pounds or as much as I can in order to be more comfortable.

The only running I do is to the bathroom. 😃

Thanks for writing

• rubydew2419
    Options
    Kryogen316 wrote: »
    Great job keep working at it, focus on controlled breathing, and remember its not a race, your doing a great job, and as previously mentioned set goals for yourself.
    Kryogen316 wrote: »

Thank you!
  • rubydew2419
    Options
    If you don’t do light weights, I would try to add them! If you’re not comfortable in a gym, then start out with just your own body weight— like 5 push-ups and build from there. Or take a couple of cans out of your cupboard and do arm circles with them. Muscle burns fat and helps you end the day less tired!

Thank you.
  • rubydew2419
    Options
    Keep doing whatever you’re doing. It’s obviously working! Give yourself a goal, and a prize for yourself once you get there.

Good idea about a prize.nThanks for the suggestion.

• rubydew2419
    Options
    Sorry for responding at bottom of page. I can’t figure out how to respond on the response. Thanks
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Sorry for responding at bottom of page. I can’t figure out how to respond on the response. Thanks

press the quote button and write underneath the text
  • TavistockToad
    Options

My definition of my own best physical shape goal, is way less than you describe. To be able to walk on treadmill for 20 minutes without having breathing labored. Nothing fast starting out, mind you. I deal with significant health issues, not just the breathing problems. Ultimately be able to walk real fast on treadmill. My best body shape would be to lose the
    30 pounds or as much as I can in order to be more comfortable.

The only running I do is to the bathroom. 😃

Thanks for writing

that's fine, as long as you have a measurable goal that you can work towards. good luck! :drinker: