Ladies, that time of the month. Staying on track advice plz ?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Drink, drink, drink. (Water, not alcohol if you can help it.) I've heard of women who gain 10lbs of water on their cycle, which makes it very difficult to see progress. I gain about 2.5 during ovulation and it comes off the first "official" period day (but I have hormonal disorders that contribute to this). It is not "real" weight; it comes with the bloated, full-but-hungry unhappy feeling that comes of many periods. The good news is that as you lose, periods do generally get less miserable...but I've never heard of the water weight going away, completely.

Keep your head up, you're doing great!
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone I really appreciate your comments & support. So I have had another period since original post & the gain was less. I've been drinking a ton of water in general so I think that is definitely helping. And I also allow myself to have what I crave in moderation within my calorie intake. <3
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat and I’ve found that adding a little PB2 to my morning oatmeal helps A LOT. Then after dinner adding 1 scoop of dymatize chocolate whey isolate to nonfat plain Greek yogurt. IT TASTES LIKE CHOCOLATE PUDDING. My weakness is pizza though so I told myself I could have 2 a week....but I use low cal, high protein whole grain flatbreads with plain tomato sauce and part skim mozz then toss some basic Italian seasoning on top for around 250 calories total!! It all keeps me within my calories EASILY and my macros. Yogurt, peanut butter, oatmeal, whole grain, veggies, and even a little cheese are all things that are pretty good for you. :)