Job woes...

Options
2»

Replies

• princesslisa88
    Options
    I am just speaking on what worked for me in getting me out of my funk.... I too slept all the time.... I didn't want to get out of bed. I cried constantly. I didn't see a doc.... I was determined to get out of the funk that I got myself into... I read a book called "your best life now" and wrote down things that touched my heart on index cards. I would read the index cards everyday, all the time, especially when i felt my thoughts slipping in a non-positive direction. It took a long time. It was not overnight. I did it without drs bills (I was laid off) and medication. Do I still have setbacks - yes but everyone does. I have my index cards with me - either in my purse, or on my desk.... I always read them out loud (when I can and no one is around).
  • losingit09
    Options
    have you called those places or have you met with the management and expressed your interest. I am a college student(looking for internships); even though they are hard to come about, I have applied to over 50 and I have sent emails to HR reps in each company. I have heard back from some but ot from others. I am still trying. Even if you have to take a part time job with a low salary, you should. Opportunities will come your way if you are persistent. I believe in that. Good luck and call or meet with the management or HR reps. They would much rather hire someone that reaches out and tries rather than someone that sends in their resume. Good Luck
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Even if you have to take a part time job with a low salary, you should.

Oh, I definitely agree. I'd take any job I can get at this point. I've applied everywhere and I do follow up with phone calls. Hopefully soon I will find something.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and help!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am the persistent, bothersome type. :laugh: Even after I was rejected from the internship I wanted, I e-mailed and asked why, asked to be put in contact with other people, etc. I e-mailed individual faculty rather than dept. heads, asked for more contacts, etc. I met in person when it was reasonable. When I got this crappy job I have back in August, I came in person with a resume ready and handed it to the manager. I printed out tooonnnns of resumes, and I've been fixing and tweaking it for years, so it's a good one. Make sure you have a clean, well organized resume and bring it with you wherever you go. Dress nicely and ask to speak to a manager. Pretend you have a job interview before you've even spoken to anyone.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I am the persistent, bothersome type. :laugh: Even after I was rejected from the internship I wanted, I e-mailed and asked why, asked to be put in contact with other people, etc. I e-mailed individual faculty rather than dept. heads, asked for more contacts, etc. I met in person when it was reasonable. When I got this crappy job I have back in August, I came in person with a resume ready and handed it to the manager. I printed out tooonnnns of resumes, and I've been fixing and tweaking it for years, so it's a good one. Make sure you have a clean, well organized resume and bring it with you wherever you go. Dress nicely and ask to speak to a manager. Pretend you have a job interview before you've even spoken to anyone.

Good positive post songbyrdsweet!!!!
  • Eggosaurus
    Options
    debt stinks. :explode:
  • Tailea
    Options
    debt stinks. :explode:

:smooched:
  • AngelinSinCity
    Options
    I lost my job in November (nanny). I've applied EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING (I'm talking from other nanny jobs to McDonald's to jobs at the mall and random jobs on craigslist) but nobody has called or emailed me back. I think the economy probably has a lot to do with it, since people are losing their jobs and I doubt many of these places are really hiring even if they do have hiring signs in the windows.

My fiance is having a hard time being the only one with an income in our house right now. We both have 2007 model cars and the big payments and insurance that comes with them, as well as credit card debt, rent, and medical bills.

I already had depression before all of this transpired but now I really just don't even want to get out of bed in the morning. :sad:

Do not give up. You are among great people like myself (laid off in June 2008 and STILL not hearing back from anything I send out for employment). Get out of bed. Take a shower. Make a schedule for yourself. It definitely is the economy. My faith keeps me going and I'll say a prayer for you today.
  • Tailea
    Options
    My faith keeps me going and I'll say a prayer for you today.

Thank you very much. :smile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I found another site have you checked out gonannies.com?