New to this part of MFP

Options
Adele_D
Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
So I’m new and I’m not really sure how to friend people? Also how does the this dynamic work with it being mostly long distance ppl? Help?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    If you go their profile page (click on their name in a thread, then click on their in the popup), there's a button that says "add as friend." Click on that, and it will send an invitation. Including a message about yourself, or why you thought this person would be a good friend for you, will sometimes produce more positive results.

As for how it works, maybe someone who's more into that side of MFP can answer. I know you'll see their posts and updates in your feed, and can comment on them. Some people just offer the occasional words of encouragement, others more actively monitor friends' progress and exchange PMs. Some don't really interact with their friends at all. It's up to you whether you want MFP friends, and what you want that dynamic to look like.
  • BarksatNothing
    BarksatNothing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It can be encouraging, and rather helpful! I've found that you can compare notes with folks, share recipes, etc. Not too bad!
  • Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    It can be encouraging, and rather helpful! I've found that you can compare notes with folks, share recipes, etc. Not too bad!
    Thank you for the info!!👍🏼