Girl help. Where can I find a similar dress?

Options
Frappuzzino
Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
My boyfriends birthday is next week, and I'd like to buy a cute dress to wear to the party. I've never been a dress person, but now that I've lost some weight... I love this dress, but not the price!

Here's the dress:
http://sonsi.lanebryant.com/dresses-skirts/plus-size-dresses-skirts/vintage-floral-dress-by-igigi-by-yuliya-raquel/18059c15362p124574/index.pro?Mpper=16&Mpos=1&pageSize=16&Mcat=15362&Mcatn=Dresses+&Mcatp=cat_18059&Mcatpn=Dresses+&+Skirts&Mcatg=category_root

But can anyone help me find something similar that's cheaper? LOL.

Replies

• melmck2011
    Options
    Have you tried Dress Barn?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory nearby? They have great deals, especially on sundresses this time of year.

Also, and I just learned this recently, TJ Maxx sometimes actually has dresses for pretty cheap, or even look in JC Penney at their clearance and sale clothing. It seems like you just need to look around. You probably won't find that exact dress, but something you'll love as much.

Good luck!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    JC Penny or Goody's... they both have dresses very similar for half that price or less... And you might even be able to find it REAL cheap since a lot of stores are clearancing out their seasonal clothing and what you're looking at is a summer dress... I bought a really pretty white sundress for a civil wedding ceremony in a Deb store last weekend... Full price before tax $45... what I paid AFTER tax $9.83... I was a VERY happy girl! lol
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Check Amazon.com, search sundresses. They have a ton of cute stuff
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would say to look at JC Penny, Sears, or Kohls. They usually have great clearence prices.
  • Frappuzzino
    Options
    I will def check around. I plan on going to Ross, Dress Barn and JCPenny atleast. :D I have to get everything ready for his birthday this weekend, because his party is next Saturday, haha. I love those kind of dresses but have never owned one or worn one.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I hear Khols has good sales and Target always has a couple of cute dresses, it would be worth a try to check out what they have!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Google coupon codes for Igigi.com - you never know, you might find a code that will give you a good discount. That dress is adorable!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    did a quick google shopping search and found this: http://www.milanoo.com/Popular-Red-Floral-Polyester-V-neck-Womens-Plus-Size-Dresse-p99482.html?Promotion=ggbase&jdfwkey=chx153

it's the same kind of feel, bold floral, cinched waist. but the price is nicer
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    did a quick google shopping search and found this: http://www.milanoo.com/Popular-Red-Floral-Polyester-V-neck-Womens-Plus-Size-Dresse-p99482.html?Promotion=ggbase&jdfwkey=chx153

it's the same kind of feel, bold floral, cinched waist. but the price is nicer

I wouldn't trust milanoo. It's one of those websites that steal photos from other websites and use them for selling their things. So basically you aren't necessarily buying what's in the picture....youre buying something similar to it (usually far worse quality.)
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just searched on ebay and there are several similar ones on there by the same maker! I think its even the same model! Around $50
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Charlotte Russe or Forever21 both have really cute dresses fairly cheap too.

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11505746&cp=4078198.4192312

Edited to add link
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Ross! You'll find one like that for about $15-$20.. you have to look for it but I've seen tons of these flowery dresses there.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    TJ Max or Torrid (for plus size)
  • Frappuzzino
    Options
    I'll def check around and see what I can find! I have a feeling this weekend is going to be busy trying to find a dress that I like. :P

Any suggestions on what kind of shoes would go with a bold floral sundress?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Flip flops if it's not too fancy. Otherwise, a solid colored wedge sandal that matches one of the colors in the dress.

Or a metallic shoe. Metallics are neutrals and go with everything. (Thank you, Stacey and Clinton!)